No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK finally got it tuned on alpha n to the point where I can drive it anywhere, at any temp, and as hard as I want. never excessively cranks and idles rock solid. Runs clean, easy to daily in stop and go and lots of fun in the twisties. However I hate the downrev with the kooks race muffler it sounds like ultra beehive diarrhea rasp between 5k to 3k on the decel.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kamotors; 07-01-2016, 09:52 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Video w/ the new setup.

7speedshop.com

Comment

sounds amazing, why did you go with the Kooks muffler and was it the oval or bullet style? did you consider cheap turbo style mufflers?

Comment

that looks like it would be more fun in the twisties now seeing its not trying to step out every time you get on the gas. More of a chance to ring its neck now

sounds excellent
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            sounds amazing, why did you go with the Kooks muffler and was it the oval or bullet style? did you consider cheap turbo style mufflers?
            I just got it on sale at summit. It's the bullet style around 18" long I'd say

7speedshop.com

Comment

wow nice!! don't know why any local joe would want to swap their m20 out after seeing this build. Congrats man

Comment

Car's been running great just thought I would update with some pics.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Awesome. Gonna need to check out that tune in when my ITB's show up ;)
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Those wheels looks like WORKS BROMBACHER

Comment

Still running flawless, made some trips up past 8k elevation to get barometric correction dialed in perfectly.

7speedshop.com

Comment

just read through pretty much this entire thread, and everything is just purly impressive. i would love to run ITBs, what is your current set up? And are you running a Cam? Id really like to run RHDs roller cam conversion, although this will still be a daily driven car, so i feel as though the 306 cam is way to hot for stock application, same as the 292 cam, any thoughts? Ive also considers running a 2.8 stroker with these, just want a nice pump in power, also, what engine management are you running? sorry if some of this has already been answered, keep up the awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshkey123 View Post
                          just read through pretty much this entire thread, and everything is just purly impressive. i would love to run ITBs, what is your current set up? And are you running a Cam? Id really like to run RHDs roller cam conversion, although this will still be a daily driven car, so i feel as though the 306 cam is way to hot for stock application, same as the 292 cam, any thoughts? Ive also considers running a 2.8 stroker with these, just want a nice pump in power, also, what engine management are you running? sorry if some of this has already been answered, keep up the awesome work!
                          It depends on how many cubic inches and the static CR you have and how streetable you want.

A stock 2.5: with 8.8:1 won’t really like a big duration cam. With ITB and standalone IMO you could actually use the 292 and drive on the street but it’s just far far away from optimal (most wouldn't say its a very streetable but thats kind of an ambiguous statement) plus you need to worry about clearances.

I’ll be using a 292 on the street hopefully before years end but that’s with more compression and alot more stroke than most engines so the cam acts smaller than it does a on low compression 2.5L . I decided against the 306 as I didn’t want to hurt the power right at the bottom end like around 2000rpm too much. I may end up there in the end depending how the 292 goes.
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Just a quick test video of my roll bar mount. Loving this itb setup so much. Enough power to play around with but nowhere near enough to send me sideways off a cliff.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                              welp solved my grip issues, these ecsta v720 are awesome!, best tires I've run so far.
                              [IMG]20160311_162830 by kamotors@y, on Flickr[/IMG]
                              [IMG]20160311_162751 by kamotors@y, on Flickr[/IMG]

did a 0-110pull so much less drama now.
                              https://youtu.be/WcYBPirInGQ
                              What size are you running with the v720, fitment looks perfect!

Comment

some fun in the rain

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X