No announcement yet.

A more traditional e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it me or is the selector rod upside down?
    1989 325i MT2/4dr

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather i will skid in broadside,thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW..What a ride!

Comment

No, good catch, it was backwards.

Its impossible to install it like i had it anyway.. It can only be installed one way without hitting the guibo
      -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
      2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Looking good...

Comment

I really wish I had half the skill or knowledge you guys have when tackling these projects.
          Originally posted by James Crivellone
          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Thanks.

Well I got her buttoned up today, and shes alive!
            More pics coming soon.
            -Jay

Comment

Pics and video of the custom mandrel-bend exhaust utilizing the old cat-back, v-band clamps, hand-formed reverse cone collector etc.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

This car is so nice. I hope my coupe is that nice one day. Awesome work!

Comment

Nice "assembly" ;)

Keep it up

Comment

As John posted, the exhaust is finished, and sounds great. Ill try to get some drive by vids, and some in-car action next weekend at homestead.

Had the car minutes from rolling out of the shop under her own power, but the slave self destructed inside the trans while bleeding the clutch. Peices of it inside the bellhousing.. Couple days and we'll have that straightened out..

Loving the quick release V-bands
                    -Jay

Comment

So, been a while since my last update, and thats mostly because of my clutch issues. Seen here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=240734

But after R+R'ing the trans literally 5 times, I wasnt going to let it stop me from getting it on the road and getting the kinks out.
                      So I started daily driving-

Little fun outside the shop..

ANd after about a week and 1/2 / 250 miles of break in, I took her to Sebring.

My first trip to Sebring, and my first track day with this drivetrain.obd1 s52, ZF trans, e30 m3 suspension, 15x8-225/45 ra1's.

So my thoughts after the track event... the swap was totally worth it. The car's faster in every single way, and with in-house tuning there's alot of room for improvment power wise. Only downfall of this car is not really fitting into any real classing aside from NASA TT.. which is still undecided at the moment.

Next update- Brake rebuild/upgrade, 540 MAF/tuning, and finally what I think is a definite solution to my clutch issue.. hopefully the last time ill have to pull the trans for a while.. Stay tuned.
                      -Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X