No announcement yet.

Project Daily Driver Eta: Slow and Meticulous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Joe! I wasn't feeling the body matched bumper trim but now looking at it, it looks great! Can't wait to see it in person man. Slight bumper tuck would be dope. I might be coming down next weekend, I'll def come check it out.

Are you even driving the turbo? I can definitely give her some excersize if needed. ;)

Eloy
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1982 528e - Sold
    1987 325e - Totalled
    1990 325is - Sold
    1997 540i6 - Sold
    1991 325ic - Sold
    2013 335i - Sold
    2005 X5 - Daily
    1991 318is - *work in progress*

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
      Looking good Joe! I wasn't feeling the body matched bumper trim but now looking at it, it looks great! Can't wait to see it in person man. Slight bumper tuck would be dope. I might be coming down next weekend, I'll def come check it out.

Are you even driving the turbo? I can definitely give her some excersize if needed. ;)

Eloy
      I did tuck the bumper a little bit more check the pics below. Looking forward to doing a shoot with both cars.

Did a photoshoot yesterday with the wife. It was rough... 95 degrees with no AC in the car currently. I need to pull a vacuum on it and see if it holds since I replaced the expansion valve.

Let me know what you guys think. I am pretty satisfied with the work the paint shop did. I found some flaws of course but I told him did not want to it to be a show winning paint job. I drive it everyday and did not want to pay $4000+ for a paint job on a daily. I already got a rock chip on the hood. But for the $1700 I paid, he did a remarkable job and I would have no problems recommending him.

"A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

I have seen the car in person and can honestly say I am impressed. Great evolution of the car. I saw it pre paint, pre dash swap. It looks amazing now. You have a really focused attention to detail on every car I have seen of yours bro. Where was the shoot at? Would love to do a shoot sometime with all of our cars, including the 540 when I get her finished up....

Comment

^Sounds like a plan. You ever figure out what was up with yours? ... you mentioned some sort of cover to a module or something?
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

May 12, 2012

Finally got around to doing the window switch conversion. Came out as expected and feels so much better.

Last edited by Schnitzer318is; 10-02-2012, 05:36 AM.
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Awesome! I've had mine for so long, I forgot what the original ones were like. I inspected an e30 couple weeks ago. I was like "what the fuck are these?"

Looking good man.
              1982 528e - Sold
              1987 325e - Totalled
              1990 325is - Sold
              1997 540i6 - Sold
              1991 325ic - Sold
              2013 335i - Sold
              2005 X5 - Daily

Comment

Great thread. I love projects like this.
                2011 1M Alpine white/black
                1996 Civic white/black
                1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

1700 for a paint-job? dang.. I got a quote for 1200, 800 if i prep it myself, and the quality is amazing. I've seen the cars that came through their shop.
                  Ur ride does look nice though, Drill the shocks and tuck them bumpers... I did it for a friend the other day. Much better.

Comment

this is an awesome build. i wish my eta did 30 mpg :(
                    sigpic
                    Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

Originally posted by Frankensteined View Post
                      1700 for a paint-job? dang.. I got a quote for 1200, 800 if i prep it myself, and the quality is amazing. I've seen the cars that came through their shop.
                      Ur ride does look nice though, Drill the shocks and tuck them bumpers... I did it for a friend the other day. Much better.

I had my e28 painted for 650 bucks....and was amazing. Unfortunately, you typically get what you pay for. I don't think I would ever pay less then 1500 for a paint job. Prep is the most labor intensive part I would imagine tho. I could easily see 800/1200 paint job look awesome if prep was done youself.
                      1982 528e - Sold
                      1987 325e - Totalled
                      1990 325is - Sold
                      1997 540i6 - Sold
                      1991 325ic - Sold
                      2013 335i - Sold
                      2005 X5 - Daily

Comment

July 26, 2012

My 2 month long epic adventure to resurrect this ac system has come to an end finally. I pulled every part of the system and flushed it thoroughly. I have a collection of rust dust about 1/4" thick on the bottom of my collection container. Cleaned the screen on the compressor, installed new drier, new expansion valve, new o-rings of course, and all the rehabbed components.

Took her this morning to the shop and pulled vacuum. Held great. Then charged with r134... oh man does it feel nice to have AC after owning a car for 2 and half years without it. Feels like the car just went up in value and down in age. At idle the air is more than sufficient and while moving (any speed) it is COLD. Highway it will freeze you out of the car.

So I am... er was pretty stoked right!!!??? LOL my luck continues.

July 27, 2012

Go to start the car this morning to enjoy some more of that new AC... NO START!!! After copious amounts of cursing I dive in. Have fuel pressure at the cold start injector. Not sure about the injectors themselves. But as I am looking around I see the PO has ghetto rigged the crank sensor harness. So I pull the sensors and they are toast. Have both on order and will report back later.

Ahhhhh e30 ownership, isn't it grand.
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

July 27, 2012

Update: Yep it was the crank sensor. I replaced both the crank sensor and speed sensor since they are the same part and both looked (and tested) in pretty poor condition. Total cost was about $80 for both sensors. Not too bad.

As a side benefit... the car cranks over and starts much, much, much quicker. I guess those sensors had been failing for awhile. Oh well.
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Grand indeed. Looking forward to my own update soon.;)

Can't wait to ride in the ETA Chillbox.
                            1982 528e - Sold
                            1987 325e - Totalled
                            1990 325is - Sold
                            1997 540i6 - Sold
                            1991 325ic - Sold
                            2013 335i - Sold
                            2005 X5 - Daily

Comment

September 30, 2012

Small update. Made a few nice scores lately. My attempt to slowly (emphasis on the slowly) restore this car continues. I had gotten a nice crack free passenger side tail light at the local PnP a long time ago but hadn't had any luck finding a nice driver side. Until now.

Also found some nice premium sound tweeter pods in need of plundering. So I snagged em and retrofitted my infinity tweeters into them. Sound much better with at least an attempt at some staging. I had them originally just facing straight out on the regular pillar/mirror pods. Was probably getting some cancellation and just out right bad staging before. They sound and look much better.

91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled
                              98 328i Sold
                              93 325i Sold

Comment

keep up the great work dude
                                Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X