Project Daily Driver Eta: Slow and Meticulous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept 16th 2016

Update: Fuel filter was changed out along with Fuel line. ETA seems to Idle extremely well now. I have noticed that the RPM's dont jump around at startup and are steady at 1K now.

Comment

I enjoyed reading this whole thread - what a huge transformation from a car rescued from the crusher to the beautiful shape it's in now. Amazing job! :up:

I almost cried when I read this part:

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
      Car has sold. It will be missed, the wife and I both watched it drive away. The buyer seems like the right type of owner though and I'm sure he will take great care of it.

Wish I would have gotten a picture of it driving away though. Would have made a nice bookend to this thread. :(
      :puppy:

But then...

Originally posted by edgarf23 View Post
      Sold to me!! Great ride home in the ETA... Thank you for entrusting this E30 to me and my family.. I fully plan on keeping her for many years of fun.. ;D
      Aw, I'm happy it worked out for both of you! :) Seems like the car is in good hands, and it's cool that the project thread is living on.
      1994 E30 316i Design Edition Touring / 1991 E30 318is / 1992 E34 M5
      Instagram: @ro4d_runn3r

Comment

Update

11/5/2016- Tie Rods and new Strut Mounts installed. I will post pics once I upload em.

I was also able to figure out why my headlights would remain on even if the car was turned off. I narrowed this down to the orange relay that had failed and now the issue has been resolved.
        Last edited by edgarf23; 11-10-2016, 09:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Awesome! That headlight thing always had me wondering. I would just make sure to flip the fog light switch off and then toggle the headlights once before turning the car off. Always got them to turn off.

Love that you are fixing the little issues the car had left. That is definitely in the spirit of the build. Slowly and steadily!
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Starter Failed just a few days ago on the ETA but I was able to get her started by hitting it with a steel pipe I use as a breaker bar. Now I got it all taken apart with the new starter in the garage but I just cant seem to get this dreaded TOP BOLT OFF!!!! Anyone got some ideas or tricks?

Comment

1/1/2017- Replaced Starter but dang this was tough due to the top bolt. Also flushed the coolant since I lost a good amount out of the heater core line that I had to remove and fold down out of the way.
              New Brass T was added and all top end fuel lines replaced. The old plastic one snapped quick.

I will also upload a pic of the set up I used to get that bolt off. Hope it helps someone else know what will be needed if you go in from the top without removing the manifold.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow you weren't kidding about that too bolt. Good job man

Comment

Working...
                X