No announcement yet.

2nd E30 - Project MTechnik 1 S52 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is your upholstery guy located? Sorry if I missed it I only ready parts of thread. Btw awesome car!

Comment

PM sent.
      - Frank
      '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
      http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
      Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

wow this makes me want to finish my tech 1 vert....
        How did I miss this!

Really nice!
        Glad you finally got the sideskirts, took me almost 2 years to find the vert ones too...
        sigpic
        1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
        1987 325ic Black Vert
        1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
        1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

Originally posted by Luis325 View Post
          wow this makes me want to finish my tech 1 vert....
          How did I miss this!

Really nice!
          Glad you finally got the sideskirts, took me almost 2 years to find the vert ones too...
          Hey Luis! Yeah, it was a huge stroke of luck that I found them just 1 town over from where I live. A good friend of mine was hoarding them! He had 2 sets, 1 is now mine, the other on his vert. So there are 2 Mtech 1 converted Verts in New Jersey!

Thanks for the kind words.
          - Frank

Comment

Helpful update (stolen from Levent's fb feed). Cmon Frank spill the beans on those wheels.. did you sell the Azevs?

and what's the deal with the headlamp wipers? they're almost opposite the position they should be. see this pic

Same here - the wipers are in the opposite position they should be - detail from an earlier pic of yours:

Your car's perfect bro. not criticizing - just helping you get it more perfect.
            Last edited by bradnic; 10-15-2013, 12:01 PM.
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Borbet Bs 16x7.5 / 9
              215/45/16 square
              I found the original Center Caps on eBay Germany from a existing Borbet.de employee who sold them to me at an obscene price with never before installed Borbet logos (still had original adhesive backings)!!!!

I still have the Azevs, they are listed for sale but I still kind of like them and not in a rush to sell - may end up refinishing them unless the right buyer comes around!

I have the wipers on for show at the moment, I also have a set of rings that need to be re-done/powdercoated and I have motors, still searching for the electronics.
              - Frank

Comment

I still have a small laundry list of details I still need to work on:

- repair e-brake
                - rear subframe bushings
                - r/r all swaybar bushings
                - wire up my high beams

Hopefully I'll put that altogether for next year.
                - Frank

Comment

Gotcha. On the wipers just loosen the nut and reposition per the pic.. Then no nosy questions :-)

Levent's got all the connector hardware you need for the smileys. But you probably know that :-) Make sure you replace the adjuster screws (8 of them) and plastic/rubber retainers too (12 of them).

I've got 2 E30s waiting on parking brake cables too. Heat and PB blaster. right next to the gas tank though. so lotsa blankets/insulation around the cable opening I guess.

Still trying to talk my wife into those Azevs, so if you're not in a hurry..

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                    Gotcha. On the wipers just loosen the nut and reposition per the pic.. Then no nosy questions :-)

Levent's got all the connector hardware you need for the smileys. But you probably know that :-) Make sure you replace the adjuster screws (8 of them) and plastic/rubber retainers too (12 of them).

I've got 2 E30s waiting on parking brake cables too. Heat and PB blaster. right next to the gas tank though. so lotsa blankets/insulation around the cable opening I guess.

Still trying to talk my wife into those Azevs, so if you're not in a hurry..
                    Yeah, that's where I purchased the arms/blades/mounting parts from...then had to source a few more items thru a local buddy of mine. Thanks for the image showing proper position! I've been looking for awhile for a trustworthy source of where they should be, I know they are supposed to line up at the ring stops.

Have a few more items on my electrical to-do list though:

1.) high beams
                    2.) einstein57/GE keyless entry kit w/discontinued e46 style keys!
                    3.) headlight wipers
                    4.) one-touch down all windows (4 in vert)
                    - Frank

Comment

here's my wiper setup

everything's working except the intensive windshield clean stuff - still plumbing and wiring that up.

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Glad you found the Borbet caps! They look great, how do you like the wheels overall? How do they feel on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                          still searching for the electronics.
                          the control module 61311367391 is still available from bmw, but the module is pricey - about $165!

and the intensive wash wiper relay 61311369829 is $170

do you have the harness? If not it's NLA but quite simple - it wouldn't be hard to make one. You also need to make some fuse box and steering mods for the windshield intensive cleaning function:
                          - swap out the K10 wiper relay for the HCS relay with 2 extra pins.
                          - add 2 pins with wires to your fusebox for the PS and TS pins
                          - pick up the intensive washing wiper stalk (with an "S" button and 2 extra wires). there are 2 versions of this stalk, one for airbag 61311377974 and one without which is longer 61311372583 (still available, $156)

realoem info for headlamp cleaning
                          diagram 1
                          diagram 2
                          control relays diagram
                          steering column switches diagram

For docs there's the Japandrew HCS DIY but it's really wordy and missing all the pics.
                          He also has a link to the OEM installation manual
                          and there is a good HCS troubleshooting article in PDF form at e30zone

Hope this helps.
                          Last edited by bradnic; 10-15-2013, 09:48 PM.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

If you look at post #70 you will see he changed out to the Type B. and wiper blades move, if they do not have a reset position. I would assume they just sit where they turned off.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              If you look at post #70 you will see he changed out to the Type B. and wiper blades move, if they do not have a reset position. I would assume they just sit where they turned off.
                              Originally posted by achtunge30 View Post
                              I have the wipers on for show at the moment, I also have a set of rings that need to be re-done/powdercoated and I have motors, still searching for the electronics.
                              so he hasn't finished the install. That's why I posted all the info here. It's hard to find all this stuff since most of the pics are missing and the original japandrew descriptions are a bit long winded.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                                Glad you found the Borbet caps! They look great, how do you like the wheels overall? How do they feel on the road?
                                Call me crazy but I think the Borbets absorb more of the road harshness than the Azevs did! Same tires just swapped over. Maybe that means the Borbets are softer?
                                - Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X