X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work! someday i hope to build a project like this

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

I went with that same fire system.. Certainly a nice kit. Out of curiosity why did you mount the bottle itself on the tranny tunnel and not across the rear seat?

Nice work on the car! Mine is slowly getting completed. Engine and Transmission go in this weekend, also gotta weld in the subframe modifications as well.

Comment

Pro3 class keeps growing! Hopefully I will be out on the track with you guys. My funds are very limited and building a CR (Club Rabbit) car made more sense for me, so thats what Im building right now. Hope to see you out there later this year
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
          Theoretically, what would you charge to build a set of those headers for someone?
          Theoretically I would need to charge around $350-400 to cover costs. I'll let you know if I decide to make a small run of these.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
          I went with that same fire system.. Certainly a nice kit. Out of curiosity why did you mount the bottle itself on the tranny tunnel and not across the rear seat?

Nice work on the car! Mine is slowly getting completed. Engine and Transmission go in this weekend, also gotta weld in the subframe modifications as well.
          Wow another Pro3 build, seems like there are quite a few cars being built right now.

I went with the fire bottle there for a couple of reasons, first being that I wanted to be able to pull the pin while belted...in case I forget. I also wanted to be able to reach the bottle actuator quickly in case of a pull cable failure. Finally I wanted to keep the passenger area clear to be able to run a passenger seat and give rides. It's probably not the most ideal location, but given my criteria I thought it was a pretty good spot. It is 15lbs that could be mounted in a lower position somewhere however.

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          Pro3 class keeps growing! Hopefully I will be out on the track with you guys. My funds are very limited and building a CR (Club Rabbit) car made more sense for me, so thats what Im building right now. Hope to see you out there later this year
          Pro3 is definitely growing into a big group. Hopefully see you out this year, stop by a race and say hi.

Comment

Looking great! Nice job jumping in and getting practice with the welder and the paint gun. I need to do that haha.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
              Looking great! Nice job jumping in and getting practice with the welder and the paint gun. I need to do that haha.
              Thanks, it's a really cool feeling knowing that my own hands made a part or created such a cool thing.

Yesterday I spent most of my spare time masking the car, getting it ready to prime and paint. man masking is tedious work. Today I finished masking and laid down some primer. I started by using a quart sized gun that I had never used before. It gave me a lot of trouble and I switched back to the smaller gun I had used before. After lots of of fill ups, and 3 coats later I was able to stand back and look at my work. I was hoping to be able to lay down some topcoat, but I had a small section of the paint wrinkle and a couple of runs that need to be sanded out before I lay down any top coat. I think the primer was too thin in the beginning so it ran easily. Oh well...

Comment

Little update
                After sanding the car, and then reprimering the car I finally got the right technique and adjustments on the gun down and was able to spray 3 coats without a run. Unfortunately it looks like I missed a couple runs. Oh well, I still really happy with the way its turning out so far. Next I focused on the orange accents I had planned for the car. I wanted to get the orange out of the way first, so I masked most of the car off and laid out my stripe.

Now I need to let it cure, probably overnight, then I'll mask it off and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to finish the paint job on the car. Later I will paint the hood, once the car is cured and the sun is out.

Comment

Awesome work dude, looks great. The orange is hot for sure

Comment

whoa..

can't wait to see how this pans out..
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Good work on the headers.

Comment

nice work!
                        91' 318is - OBDI M52/ZF swap w/ S50 cams

Comment

Thanks for all of the positive feed back!

Finally finished the paint on the car. Spraying metallic is a lot harder than I was expecting, so many variables it's crazy. On the 3rd coat I started getting the technique for metallic down and I got a move even distribution of the flakes. It turned out pretty good, I am happy with the results. There are some imperfect areas that I wish weren't so imperfect. But I had a great experience painting the car, I am proud of the work.

I just have some finishing trim and misc piece to paint now, and the hood then the paint will be fully ready and the car will be that much closer to getting out on track for a shakedown

Comment

Awesome work! I'm about to make my PRO3 build thread as well. See you out on track!

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
                              Awesome work! I'm about to make my PRO3 build thread as well. See you out on track!
                              Nice another new build...looking forward to seeing your build thread and meeting you out at the track!

Comment

Some very nice work! That exhaust looks beautiful.
                                1988 E30 335i - 1987 E30 327i - 1987 E30 327iS Pickup - 1973 2002 Project

Visit www.BimmerHeads.com for all of your 12 valve needs!

Comment

Working...
                                X