• Show
Clear All

• Eric
    replied
    bump!

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Bump from the dead! Do we get an update on the season?

Leave a comment:

• Court M3
    replied
    Updates? Need my fix man! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Jparkr
    replied
    Well I finished my Rookie season 27th out of 71 drivers which is great considering a few things.
    a: I only entered 4 races out of 15 and b:My engine had over 300k on it with a dead 6th cylinder.
    This season we are looking to drastically improve our place...

Here are some quick shots of what is going on so far.

This is a picture of the clutch after one full season, but it is nice to show the condition of the engine I was running on. Haha, never touched it when I built the car. Just wanted it to get me though the first season and she did.

Years of gunk and oil and dirt. haha:

Reid and I pulled the new M20 out of the black e30 and had in installed in the race car in 3.5 hours. We pulled it and separated the transmission, clutch and flywheel before the super bowl. Installed the racing clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and had it installed an hour after:

I have lots more pictures but they are too big to load onto r3vlimited/gallery so I will have to wait till I have time to resize to do a big photo dump.

Leave a comment:

• _r2h
    replied
    In post #20, how did you press in the control arm ball joints into the spindle. Partner and I used a ball joint kit to seperate the ball joint from the spindle, but I can't mentally figure out how to reverse the process.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    I love reading this build again and again. So exciting with all the wrenching and racing going on!

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellone
    replied
    I should post my damn car one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• 02Wrxdriver
    replied
    Man it was so much fun building this thing with you and now to pit for you this season! TOO MUCH FUN! Can't wait for PR at the end of next month. Till then!

Leave a comment:

• MattAvino
    replied
    Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
    Awesome work here.
    Earlier in the thread you mentioned the prices of your calipers. Where did you get them? I could use a set.

Leave a comment:

• Jparkr
    replied
    Yes, James made it. It seems like its a pretty straight forward thing to do. Photoshop a new face, print on some nice thick paper and reinstall the needle in the new location. I really like the shop logo he put in for me too.

Leave a comment:

• danderson
    replied

Did James make that tach overlay for you? I've been looking for one like that forever.

Leave a comment:

• MattAvino
    replied
    Awesome work here.
    Earlier in the thread you mentioned the prices of your calipers. Where did you get them? I could use a set.

Leave a comment:

• dougie30
    replied
    This thing is sooo sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Jparkr
    replied
    sweet. Bring them to the picnic, We will have them on before then

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    These are ready for you. ;-)