Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice

So I picked up this little beauty last weekend

318is, 154k, mint black interior, LSD, black headliner, amazing paint, no rust at all, etc etc.

The problem is it was involved in an accident. The guy's daughter apparently slid on ice and hit a curb resulting in this damage.

The damage isn't too bad the frame rail is slightly bent but everything should just pull right out if I take it to a shop and put it on a jig. What do you all think? I really want to keep this car and make my dream 318 but do you think the damage is too bad?

Assuming you got it for stupid cheap, it seems very very clean by the way you describe it along with the pics provided.
    Fix it if you have the means. It's part of what loving an E30 is about :p

But then again, questioning leads to doubt. I'm sure you can make more than it's worth parting or possibly putting parts into a new candidate.
    So with that said, I need a driver's side door handle.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

musta been one helluva curb.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I got the car for an insanely cheap price and I'm willing to put whatever amount of money it takes into getting it straightened out I just was trying to see if anyone has had experience with this type of bodywork and how it turned out.

Also, the engine is extremely clean. I do not want to part out this car I know the labor of love with e30s and this one has some serious potential especially being that it has relatively low miles and rare options like the black headliner.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          So with that said, I need a driver's side door handle.
          hahaha nice! i have one for you.

Op. you bought the car with intentions of fixing? why change your mind now? the damage doesnt seem that bad.

If almost mint e30 is indeed almost mint... save it. end of thread

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

OP, the car I bought was hit in the exact same area, except the damage was a bit worse to the frame rail and I'm going to replace it. I say go for it. I bought all new parts(radiator support, frame rail, and frame rail cover for the AC parts) directly from BMW. I'm only in about 400 parts, then add some paint, a new fender, and bonnet and I'll probably be around 6-800 dollars. Go for it dude! Don't be afraid to cut into it.

Comment

sweet thanks for the advice man! 3 out of the 5 e30s i've owned excluding my m3 have had damage on the passenger side front fender and the car i got parts from in the yard had the exact same problem as well... very odd.

Comment

here's some inspiration my dude!

before:

we have almost the same damage :rofl:

and as it sits:

good luck!

Comment

looks like a good deal...
                  i was involved in a accident a few months ago...similar damage...i needed to straighten the frame...i spent a total of about 890 dollars in labor and parts...500 to weld another core support, and straighten the frame...about 200 on parts... valance, fenders, bumper...and headlights

heres some inspiration
                  scroll to the bottom to see pictures of the damage and repair on page 1

good luck

Comment

great thanks for the inspiration guys! i'm saving this car no doubt, i'll post an actual project thread when i get to work.

318is FTW \m/

Comment

Because of the fact that headliners are generally not noticed in an interior, this is also one of the most rarely viewed parts of your interior when it comes to cleaning. Having a freshly scrubbed and detailed interior makes any car more pleasant to drive in. It will also help the vehicle retain more of its value. Cleaning a headliner improperly can do severe harm to the headliner. Cleaning the headliner correctly, though, may add years to the life of the interior of your vehicle. Resource for this article: How to clean your car headliner

Comment

Originally posted by marieC View Post
                        Because of the fact that headliners are generally not noticed in an interior, this is also one of the most rarely viewed parts of your interior when it comes to cleaning. Having a freshly scrubbed and detailed interior makes any car more pleasant to drive in. It will also help the vehicle retain more of its value. Cleaning a headliner improperly can do severe harm to the headliner. Cleaning the headliner correctly, though, may add years to the life of the interior of your vehicle. Resource for this article: How to clean your car headliner
                        The most timely and accurate spam ever?
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by JinormusJ
                        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X