Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    No sir, don't like it, sorry.

If you want short bumpers, put short bumpers on, or use the 'vert bumper shocks that don't quite tuck them that much, no gap with them.
    Heat gun son, so stop all the hate on tucked bumpers. I support you're love of untucked. But to be honest they look dumb like a thick lip...lol

Here is mine with about 10 minutes with a heat gun/cold water. I got them to sit factory flush after I was done. I have since sold that to my folks and have my euro bumper Bronzit.
    Attached Files
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

No sir, don't like it, sorry.

If you want short bumpers, put short bumpers on, or use the 'vert bumper shocks that don't quite tuck them that much, no gap with them.
      that was before I fixed it :D

Comment

Don't tuck, get euro bumpers.

Comment

That does look much better, but it's still wannabeplasticoreurobutdontwannaspendmoney.

My opinion is just that, my opinion :p

Some people like fart cannons, and some.....

Could have spent just as much buying plastic as I paid the polisher, well less since we always have parts laying round the shop, but whatever it's an old BMW and like it to look that way.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

That does look much better, but it's still wannabeplasticoreurobutdontwannaspendmoney.

My opinion is just that, my opinion :p

Some people like fart cannons, and some.....
            Nothing wrong with that at all, I do agree 200% that tucked bumpers that are not messed with to get the covers flush looks dumb. But with a heat gun and a little effort you can get stock look without massive bumpers!

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
              start with real floormats, those are stupid.
              Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of them myself. I'll be getting a set for when I'm taking the wife out or otherwise trying to get sexed, but I promise you, I get muddy just walking out to my car sometimes (military), and don't want to have to wash floormats nonstop. Or when i'm parked out in the sticks and have no alternative, it's nice to know i'm getting mud on a pair of stupid floormats, and not something I'm trying to baby.

Can someone explain what a "drop hat" is? I'm tracking on the suspension overhaul. I think I'm going to go it in stages... possible? I was thinking H&R race springs first. Then a little later with the billies, etc. Is adjustable camber possible with that setup? Put it this way- is it needed? If not, I'll skip it, but if camber adjustment is a great performance enhancer, I'll look into. If there are more pros to cons for camber adj, then I'll probably just get one of those all -n-one setups... Ground Control? Is that it? I'm rather spend the cash on routine shite so I can run an HDPE.

Oh, also, I have an open diff- turrible?

Ok, so, to my (untrained) eye, there's no discernible difference between stock and Euro grills... can someone set me straight?

Same with bumpers, I'm not well-schooled. I guess there's an Mtech 1 and 2, ACS, and some other random manufacturers for fronts, backs, skirts? Again, opening it up for getting schooled, for those with the patience.

Appreciate all the words so far! I'm going to keep this open and keep updating it...

First change today: installed Hella Blue Xenon Fogs... not very (or at all) blue. Not what I was expecting, but much brighter than stock, and they were cheapz from bavauto. i'm thinking my next purchase will be a shift knob and boot-

Oh, and to whoever said fuck them, they're kids... ha, I feel ya! But I feel like an old man learning computers, i'm so new to e30s. I have to consult the experts (kids) on how to turn the damn thing on, even if I open Quicken and he opens WoW, we're both happy with the same machine. . . if that makes any sense.

Bam. WoW reference FTW.

Thanks, folks, happy motoring
              /______\_o_/______\
              l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
              \ #___======___# /
              |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

Meh, age is in the mind. I've got kids as old as some members.

Euro grilles have less venting, a place to change the city lights, and an added top horizontal above the headlight.

You will be happy with H&R with Bilsteins, good combo, I prefer adjustable coil overs.

Never even attempted WoW, kids are lucky if I play wii or ps2, I'm happy with a Galaga88 mame and a pile of quarters.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Drop hats make the spring sit higher but mount at the same point giving you a small drop. Theyre mostly used more for evening out wheel gap than actually lowering the car.

Comment

Oh, and top hats are the top piece of the strut assembly. I installed some for customers, but don't like them. you have to add a lot of washer to have the bearing engage properly giving back height or the bearings will bind. Car doesn't need to be "slammed" to handle well.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

where can I find the "e to i" DIY?

or I guess I could just look it up... but if anyone has a preferred thread/writeup..

bumpcar
                      /______\_o_/______\
                      l{(OO)=[//][\\]=(OO)}|
                      \ #___======___# /
                      |__/-------------\__|

"Took me an hour to do this..."

took me like three seconds to copy/paste it- FOR SCIENCE!!

Barney Fucking Rubble

Comment

engine swap or head swap?

Comment

1. Euro bumpers
                          2. Chip
                          3. H&R 29664

Drive.

Comment

I have an ETA with a Bav auto chip, B&B tri flow, billie sports, Racing Dynamic Springs, and strut bars (front and rear) and I felt that was all I needed for the ETA. The chip definitely turns it into a different car, and the suspension makes it more fun to drive. You mentioned you have an open dif, I would swap that out further down the line to a 3.25. lsd.

As far tucking bumpers, I tucked mine ever so slightly and I think they look awesome.

I'm doing a ton of work to my car, (changing the engine etc), so if you need any parts PM me.

Good Luck!

Comment

Why has noone mentioned Timing Belt/water pump? This should be the first thing to be done on an m20 powered car. Unless ofcourse you have records of it being done earlier, regardless it's easier to change when doing the E to I swap;)
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I offered up the H&R/Billy combo being that you seemed more into a daily/one a month SCCA day. Check my build thread link below, it is a total gathering of everything track related. I PERSONALLY suggest Ground-control.com coilovers. Give Jay a shout and tell him what you want to use the car for. You can get a COMPLETE direct bolt on setup for around 1,500. no fabbing just install and drive!

So you can raise and lower/adjust the damper force to what you want for that day. I personally have a bone shattering spring rate setup with polly bushing everywhere. It is not for everyone =) But they have spring rates to make even a girlfriend happy!

Euro grills are straight across the top, like an eyebrow effect. Looks like the headlights are glaring at you =)

''e''-"i" swap needs this stuff:
                                Intake manifold
                                885 head(i-head code)
                                Harness/ECU
                                AMF
                                Then you just remove the old and install the i stuff. It is THAT easy for 30+ more HP for under 500.00 if you buy off here. Junkyards you can do it a TON cheaper.

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X