1970 BMW build (2002 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkwithanr View Post
    I've easily got over 3 times what I paid for my 2002 in the engine alone. Take what you planning to spend and double it.
    fuck it, s52 swap

Comment

Try rebuilding an s14.......... $$$$$$$$$$$ . Im gonna have to sell all my organs to finish my M3 restoration lol.

On a side note try 2002faq. Com great site, my parents daily drive fully restored 75 and 76 2002, one owned since 79 the other since 97. My first car was a 74 2002 that was fully customized and totally redone. If you have any questions theres nothing I or my father haven't done on an 02.

Comment

Originally posted by 89AlpineM3 View Post
        Try rebuilding an s14.......... $$$$$$$$$$$ . Im gonna have to sell all my organs to finish my M3 restoration lol.

On a side note try 2002faq. Com great site, my parents daily drive fully restored 75 and 76 2002, one owned since 79 the other since 97. My first car was a 74 2002 that was fully customized and totally redone. If you have any questions theres nothing I or my father haven't done on an 02.
        the faq is cool but its usually pretty dead, dont go on there much anymore, ill take that m3 off your hands :)

Comment

Lol , about 50% done with restoration, when its done it will be a brand new e30 m3 ... or as close as you can get.

Comment

My dads on there all day everyday lol

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
              the faq is cool but its usually pretty dead,

No it's active, just not filled with fluff. The quality of the posting there is higher than the quantity found here.
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

This thread makes me want to start my 02 restoration. You seem to be making pretty good time with the body work and the amount it needed. Looks like great work, keep it up! What bondo, glass, and primer are you guys using?

87 325is Alpineweiss III current, 71 chevy c10 current,
                74 2002 ti sold, 85 528e sold, 90 325i sold,
                89 325i sold, 86 325es parted, 86 325e sold,
                95 525i sold, 73 mercedes 450se sold, 71 datsun 510 wagon sold

Comment

Lol , about 50% done with restoration, when its done it will be a brand new e30 m3 ... or as close as you can get.
                  congrats man, i wish i could afford a m3

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                    No it's active, just not filled with fluff. The quality of the posting there is higher than the quantity found here.
                    i like checking out all the build threads, it keeps me from getting lazy on this car

Comment

Originally posted by Too Short View Post
                      This thread makes me want to start my 02 restoration. You seem to be making pretty good time with the body work and the amount it needed. Looks like great work, keep it up! What bondo, glass, and primer are you guys using?
                      were not using bond.
                      fiberglass were using evercoat kitty hair for the really gnarly stuff like weld joints.

filler is evercoat z grip

primer were using nason 2k filler primer right now.
                      it helps that i have been in the body bussiness my whole life i guess. tony is picking up a couple of things a long the way too:p

Comment

My dads on there all day everyday lol
                        i was on there a lot when we first got the car but now were kinda in no mans land until we finish the body work, im sure we'll go back to trolling the faq daily wen the time comes

Comment

s14 engine

I know a buddy of mine he happens to have 2 s14 engines with tranny still in the e30 m3's he has that will sell. He will post this up soon. If your interested they have low miles.

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                            I know a buddy of mine he happens to have 2 s14 engines with tranny still in the e30 m3's he has that will sell. He will post this up soon. If your interested they have low miles.
                            theres a guy here selling the combo for 4k, gonna have to rebuild it on top of that

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                              theres a guy here selling the combo for 4k, gonna have to rebuild it on top of that
                              one of his motors has 112 or 120 cant remember but the other one has 40k mile fresh so its worth a thought

Comment

That 2002 sure would make an ultimate sleeper. I wonder how much did they weigh compare to e30's

Comment

Working...
                                X