Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
    Wow nice work!

Long time no talk. It would be cool to check this out sometime!
    Yea man maybe you can stop by the shop one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
      Would pretty concerned if he was selling the engine considering I just bought that car from him....

oh cool, am glad the car went to a good place. well he was think of parting it but am glad he found a good home to sell complete with you.

Comment

Hey oliver you think they sell quarter panels like these with the m3 look?
        Attached Files

Comment

Update!

Oliver completely molded the front air dam, and it looks great. He made a fiberglass mold of the end of a turbo flare and then molded it to the air dam to keep the lines of the front turbo flares. Hope that made sense, pictures will explain it better. We also got the motor out today which was a pain, oliver punched himself with a metal pole in the process but we got it out nonetheless.

Side note that oliver is now a part of the E30 crowd, he got his dream car 1988 E30 M3 which needs a LOT of work to be done on it. We are gonna bust an overhaulin on it though. should be sorted out soon!

Pictures

Two gutted car parts pile!

about 35 hours or so worked on the M3 the past 3 days.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
            Alpina bubble flares aka pig cheeks
            A few people sell them
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
              Those are alpine quarter panels and fenders, they do sell those, they also sell box fenders witch look like the e30 m3

Comment

I'm so jelly of that M3. i'd like to drop over and see it if you have time after work some time.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

^ ha dont be its a disaster, if i didnt work at a body shop i would have sold it

Comment

You should Eric, although the m3 is competing with the 2002 for rust, it needs a bunch of work.
                    sigpic

Comment

damn oliver how long did it take you to get sand the m3 down to the metal like that? did you use a power sander?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                        damn oliver how long did it take you to get sand the m3 down to the metal like that? did you use a power sander?
                        took about 8 hours to do everything, i used a heavy duty vertical sander, commonly refered to as a kiler

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                          took about 8 hours to do everything, i used a heavy duty vertical sander, commonly refered to as a kiler
                          was that after or before the removal of trims? That's amazing cause I thought these suckers would take up to 20 hours.

out of curiosity, why haven't you used chemical stripping seeing how you pretty much took out all the rubber and plastic pieces and only the chassis is left. I'd imagine it would've got the car down to the metal in a fraction of the time

Comment

Havent checked back in on this in a while, looks like some super quality work!

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              was that after or before the removal of trims? That's amazing cause I thought these suckers would take up to 20 hours.

out of curiosity, why haven't you used chemical stripping seeing how you pretty much took out all the rubber and plastic pieces and only the chassis is left. I'd imagine it would've got the car down to the metal in a fraction of the time
                              i took all the trim and glass out and removed the parts first then stripped it, it took me about 10 hours to remove everything and about 8 hours to strip it so both together would be about 20 hours

Comment

So do both of you guys own this car? I have a friend and we have wanted to do something similar for some time. how does the partnership work?

Comment

Working...
                                X