No announcement yet.

It's a rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

impressive relocation. did you nick any of that sweet paint in the process =p

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
      impressive relocation. did you nick any of that sweet paint in the process =p
      nope. still shinny and about as perfect as a person could ask for. except my dad had to burst my bubble and point out the one and only dust flaw. it's gonna be hidden by the hood. but i was like just let me be happy it's home.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I spy bronzit in the trunk. DESTROY IT
        E30 buildy things
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
          I spy bronzit in the trunk. DESTROY IT
          this is why i had the car media blasted. and the truck carpet will cover all the rest.

this will cover the rest
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

just.. friggin.. awesome.
            love the pic on flickr of your wife sitting in the drivers area :-)

I'm just starting an ix teardown. been dreading the start but your work here is an inspiration
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

a bit hard for me to tell in the original pics but did you sand blast the car down to metal or just to oem primer? also is the rear valence bent?

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                just.. friggin.. awesome.
                love the pic on flickr of your wife sitting in the drivers area :-)

I'm just starting an ix teardown. been dreading the start but your work here is an inspiration
                Thx.

and dont do it. i hate my life atm.

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                a bit hard for me to tell in the original pics but did you sand blast the car down to metal or just to oem primer? also is the rear valence bent?
                not sand, garnet. really big difference.
                yes it was bent, and now fixed.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

Awesome, good stuff
                  E30 buildy things
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Need to drop a shout out to Rhino for helping me get the car home.
                    The front wheels wells were sprayed with the 3M 08883 rubberized protectant. And I got 2 more cars to do the rears.

9th the car came home. But it was no small ordeal. Getting a chassis off a flatbed with 8 people is easy. Getting a freshly painted chassis on a trailer with only 5 people is hell. Oliver called is a favor from his dad and uncle and they helped us load up the car, which took the better part of 2 hours. Then driving it home on streets took about an hour and half. Getting off the trailer was pretty easy.

My dad asked 2 of his neighbors to help and it maybe took 10 minutes to get her in the garage. Deanna (my wife) had to go for a preliminary test drive. I think she approves.

15th added the tail light, test fixed the bumper and put the crank and new bearings in to the block.

I had the block honed and measured a few weeks ago. here it is, in my grocery getter.

We stripped all the paint off, primered it and painted it.

here it has been hit with the second coat of primer... It's final coat is black.

putting the crank in.

That’s all I got done on this car these past 2 weeks. Fixing Dane’s cars has eaten into my extra time =P
                    Last edited by Cabriolet; 12-17-2012, 11:39 AM.
                    Much wow
                    I hate 4 doors

Comment

eric, regarding the rubber coating...

How many cans of spray do you need for the job? Was it easy to lay?

Comment

mask, scuff it, shoot it. wait for it to flash dry. do another coat

Comment

Oliver's guy did the front. but i think 1 can per wheel well is about right. cost me $31.71 for 2 cans.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Oliver, is the 3m undercoat texture suited for the side and valence rockers as well or would you stick to SEM for that?

Comment

the 3m does not provide thick texture, sem does have a very thick texture

Comment

had never seen this before for some reason. looks like real fun build. keep up the good work. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X