Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16v crew rolls deep

Hey r3v,

I've been around for awhile but never really have officially created a "project" thread to show who I am and what I do.

Basically I'm 20 year old college kid that's very ambitious and has a strong love affair with the best cars every aka the e30. Specifically the 318IS... and m3.

I got this car awhile ago

Paid $700. Extremely clean 318is complete engine, mint interior, stock black headliner, 154k miles, etc. buuuut of course it had it's issues.

I just picked up the car from the body shop today and I must say... I am ecstatic. The results are beyond impressive and the car looks marvelous.

Sooooo with that done. Plans.
    2.0 stroker m47 crank s52 pistons
    ltw flywheel
    full suspension
    exhaust
    chip

I'm basically going balls to the wall with this car and sparing no expense. So it's going to be a long build with very slow updates.... especially do to the fact I just purchased this:

Merc 2.3 16v Cosworth
    Auto EEEWW but it came with the dogleg 5 speed
    Overall great shape some cosmetic issues that need addressing (front valence driver side rear quarter) but it looks good considering I got it for $1500 lulz.

I'm going to be turning this car into my DD so it's getting priority over the 318 for now.

I have already ordered H&R sport springs, billy sport shocks, and a bunch of engine components. This car will be getting more updates first so if you like these Mercs I'm going to be keeping track of all of it's progress as well. It's no e30 but I still LOVE the thing. The grunt of the cossy engine and the solidity of the car are just great.... perfect FUN DD.

Oh yea this is my current DD....

And... hope you're not bored yet. This is my other 16v baby :D. Super long term project buuuut still feels good knowing it's waiting for me.

I couldn't have done this without all the help from my awesome dad, he's the shit.

That's my introduction.... hope to keep you guys somewhat entertained. Enjoy!
    Last edited by tehwickerman; 07-06-2012, 11:24 PM.

suweet cars.that cosworth needs some work but it will look good.
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Great cars, terrible grammar. :-)
      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
        Great cars, terrible grammar. :-)
        I'm an engineering major I don't do grammar ;)

Comment

I had an engineering major work for me for a summer. He crashed a porsche into a ferrari IN the shop. So far you're ahead of him...
          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

wow that's pretty terrible. I like to think I'm a pretty good driver.. I work at an audi/vw/porsche dealership so I've got plenty of experience moving expensive cars around hah.

Comment

Are you involved with your school's FSAE team at all?
              1991 318i SOLD
              2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                I had an engineering major work for me for a summer. He crashed a porsche into a ferrari IN the shop. So far you're ahead of him...
                It's fucking story time.
                Originally posted by TSI
                ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                OEM+

Comment

Awesome! Not a bad collection for a 20 year old ;)

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Wow, awesome pile of cars you got there. Are you keeping the silver E30 once the Merc is on the road?

Comment

I know this is going to sound crazy but I'd be so tempted to put the Cosworth 2.3 in the white E30 with the dogleg box, then build up the M3 to equal specs but with the S14, obviously.

I'm strange.
                      M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

The silver one is actually already sold to my buddy in VA. He's going to one way fly out here and drive it back.

The Merc actually already runs and drives well... I just want to get it to the point where I can really enjoy it without worrying about any mechanical issues happening. And I need to get the manual swapped in for sure.

Haha the 2.3 in the 318 would be crazy fun but the build I'm doing to the m42 should produce around the same amount of power. Plus I'd feel bad butchering the Merc it's a great car!

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
                          Are you involved with your school's FSAE team at all?
                          Planning on getting a lot more involved this year.

Comment

great collection. my E30 might get sold so I can daily my brothers grey market cossie 16v. it has the dogleg box already, same color as yours, but he has the EVO 2 wheels. he cant get it to pass emissions in CA, which is good news for me :)
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by tehwickerman View Post
                              Planning on getting a lot more involved this year.
                              Good. I was with A&M's team and I got to meet a few of the CSU guys at Lincoln this year. Seem to be a good group of people, although the car had a bit of bad luck.
                              1991 318i SOLD
                              2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X