Leave a comment:

• mojocoggo
    replied
    I got you pumpkin

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    you ever put that power steering delete i gave you in? i can't believe your gonna get 550hp out of that thing
    It will go on the e36 2.7 rack I have!!! I know exactly where it is!

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
    lel

Wow the famous, Dylan Leff( www.originalplate.com ), posting in my thread. What an honor, it's a shame you didn't post any pictures of your car in our garage.... Probably because its NSFW. I mean who wants to look at a steaming pile?

Leave a comment:

• mojocoggo
    replied
    Originally posted by stinkydriverx 07-29-2012, 11:18 PM View Post

Picked up a junkyard fog light with a good lens I'll throw in tomorrow. It was a good way to save 50 bucks.
    lel

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    you ever put that power steering delete i gave you in? i can't believe your gonna get 550hp out of that thing

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    Hugeeee update

Hey guys,
    Huge update. It's been a while since I have had the time to update... These are all cell phone pictures. :( My next post will have all of the pictures I took with my camera. (too many to go through with commentary)

So I rolled up CARBBQ with my br mrcheezle and his 24v e30..
    While I was on the road, this happened. I want to know where my prize is...
    IMG_0575 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Here's some pictures from the even, some I took, some others took....

IMG_0803 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

img5714m by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_8391 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_8392 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

My room mate's m5 he had... It was a shame it was in the garage for most of its time here... We were jackstand buddies...

IMG_0795 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_0797 bystinkyriderx, on Flickr

My dad got me into cars in the beginning... This is a buick we just picked up. It's getting a frame off resto, and the body is being put on a 65 wildcat. For the more modern suspension, and the bigger more powerful 401 nailhead... This car will get it's own build thread on the STANCEWORKS... hahah...

IMG_0824 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Anyways, back to the e30...

I was driving my e30 down the freeway and I noticed that when I was at idle, oil pressure was getting low, and even going to 0 at some points. But as long as I was above 1k rpm, It was seeing good pressure. So I kept my rev's up and pulled off the freeway. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong. So I called the good ol' AAA Boyz

IMG_1520 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Since I did my last update, I got a job at a machine shop. One of the best in the aread for sure. We have a lift, so I got the car on the lift.

IMG_1737 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_1738 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Got the hood off. Something you all know you have to do when doing any serious work on an e30... At this Point I decided that I was going to pull the engine and do a full build, with my plans to obviously go turbo in the near future....

IMG_1741 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

made quick work of that will every tool at my disposal in this place.

IMG_1745 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Soon after started my engine tear down.
    Box full of parts full and we were down to a long block.

IMG_2077 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_2078 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

I was having some over heating issues before I pulled the engine. I don't know if this happened when removing the head gasket, or while in the car. But just looking at the gasket. It was already starting to deteriorate. That soggy look is actually the gasket coming apart.

IMG_2081 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Once I took the front cover I realized one of my problem immediately(don't ask me why I didn't take any pictures). My timing chain guides were completely broken. I mean there was not one piece that wasn't broken. So after thinking a little bit, I decided to stop, and take a look in my pan and oil pump.... Look what I found. These were all sitting in the oil pump right where the screen is... OBVIOUSLY a huge contributor in my 0 oil pressure at idle issue..... Let me repeat myself, everything in this picture was inside my oil pump, Including the seal spring.... There was even more that I threw o the ground without thinking...

IMG_2083 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_2084 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

So that was cool.... hahah. I was relieved that, I had found the problem.... I was told these timing chain guides never break. But after looking at this one, I don't see how more of them don't break... I guess mine did have 300k miles on it.... hahah.

Anyways moving on... Got the head off and was happy to see that everything looked good. Just normal wear and tear....

IMG_2241 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Long block torn down in no time... Bearings(everything is) are numbered for reference so we can come back to look at them for uneven wear, or anything else we may find... Bearings looked insanely good for something with 300k miles on it... I guess it pays to get the engine out of an auto 735. Crank looked good... just a polish and it will go back in (after balancing the rotating assembly)

IMG_2244 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Again you see the numbering system on the rods. Both the rod and cap are labeled on only one side too assure everything gets put back in the direction, as well as reference for wear patterns again etc...

IMG_2245 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

On to the head dis-assembly..This head had been gone through once at least... Someone tried to take the rocker arm shafts with some fucking pipe wrench it looks like. So If they don't polish up, I'll get new ones.

IMG_2293 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

our seat and guide machine at work makes quick work of head tear downs....

IMG_2295 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

one side down...

IMG_2294 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

So now everything is completely torn down... Next step is to measure everything, check everything for cracks or any issues, and make sure this is gonna be a good starting point for a 550hp engine.... hahaha Not sure what parts I'm going to run yet. Right now, I'm thinking of just finish honing the block, deck it, surface the head, do a valve job, some porting, throwing rings and bearings at it and putting it back together. Ill just run this block for as long as I can at that power level... I'm going to be better with pictures on the build side of things. That's way more interesting!!!

Thanks for reading guys...
    -Andrew

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    Thank you!!! It matches my shift knob.

Leave a comment:

• Holland
    replied
    Your steering wheel is amazing, just thought I would let you know.

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    Had a little fun this weekend.
    Finished up the bumpers.
    They look a million times better.

IMG_6202 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6199 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6203 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Go look at the before pictures. SEM trim paint does magic.

I also got a new cockpit buddy. Paying homage to my hot rod roots. Excuse the instagram pic. ( instagram: e30leben)

normal picture.

IMG_6207 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Thats it for now. Painting the brake ducts tomorrow and fixing the fog light.

For those asking for engine pictures, Ill take one. It is however not exciting to look at. That way if I get my hood popped (CA Life), It looks completely old, and stock.

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
    nice build bentwin!

btw, i think i saw you at that HUGE miata meet a few months back but wasnt sure if you or not.

Yeah I was there. Should have found me dude!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Alpina
    replied
    Nice mods,, do you have engine pictures

Leave a comment:

• e30trooper
    replied
    nice build bentwin!

btw, i think i saw you at that HUGE miata meet a few months back but wasnt sure if you or not.

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    bumpers are done, and still need to be put on....

In other news, I have been thinking about selling the m30 setup complete, and throwing in an m60 instead. We shall see where that goes in the next few weeks after doing research.

Leave a comment:

• eurotrash
    replied
    Use plastidip for the shadow line. That way if u dont like it u can just pull it back off.

Leave a comment:

• stinkydriverx
    replied
    Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
    Your aware that your cage isnt fd legal right? Itll be fine for grass roots tandoms but no a piller bar (halo or down bars) wont pass tech for pro-am or pro. Looks good otherwise.

It's only 75% done right now.The rest of the cage will be finished up in October. I do appreciate the heads up though!

On another note,
    Got the front bumper masked off because it has a rock chips etc....

IMG_6150 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

Picked up a junkyard fog light with a good lens I'll throw in tomorrow. It was a good way to save 50 bucks.

IMG_6152 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6153 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6154 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

I'm also going to buff the lower valence to see if i can bring some life back to it. As of right now its pretty miserable.

IMG_6157 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

all taped up and ready to goooo.

IMG_6159 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr

IMG_6160 by stinkyriderx, on Flickr.

Also picked up one of these. Delrin shifter carrier bushing. I'll be doing a before and after video of this to see how much of a difference it makes. That should be installed tomorrow as well.

the only other thing to do before paint is get the rear bumper off and get that ready for paint, along with the side trim... I'm still debating on whether or not I should shadowline the car.

I also sometimes wonder why I waste my time with stuff like this when its future is to be a competition car. I guess it just gives me something to do.

That's it for now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X