Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily-able Racecar Build. Finally getting paint and other goodies! B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Also, thanks to both miller and tyler for the photos. Turned out great. Please pardon my dirty car as I was too lazy to clean her as we were too busy driving and having fun.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    This past weekend was AWESOME. Finally got the car on the road. Felt good to have it driving and back together. Haven't ran into any issue so far besides a funny idle and still no temp. Also still need to rewire my headlights. Right now they are routed to the side marker wires as I am still getting nothing to the headlight wiring. (no idea) Here are some pictures of this weekend as I went driving after C&C on Saturday with some friends (miller and his E30, my other friend in his e46, and 2 porsches, a boxster and a cayman s)

In the morning at C&C:

Trying to figure out that darn headlight wiring.

And my favorite pictures. More to come, I will post a thread in members rides later after some more editing.

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
    My speculation is that Jimmy wanted to just forget about the whole thing after the turbo build went bad. He seems like a good kid .
    Even it was true, that doesn't excuse him from a shady sale of a poorly built, dangerous piece of machinery.

Spencer, get some of those new pics up :)

Leave a comment:

• mitchlevy7
    replied
    you gonna run beauty covers or gonna get the VC powdercoated?
    also, i saw on FB you were having the o2 sensor heater problem? I think that might be my idle problem. LMK what happens.

looks good. impressed with the progress!

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Strut bar I got awhile back and just never ran on my old car because I was too lazy to put it on.

End of the day saturday. :) She runs now after I fixed a vacuum leak.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Motor was in and then got all the wiring in and the intake mani.

Tried to keep the engine bay looking a little clean, I was able to wrap the adapter around the fuse box and tuck it down under.

Still have some cleaning up to do inside, but I'll worry about that later. I am loving the nrg though.

Then, once everything was hooked up in the engine bay, I had to put my custom shifter arm in as well as the exhaust and driveshaft.

This becomes very useful when working in the winter/fall when it starts getting a little colder outside.

Also, my "custom" shifter carrier mounted.

Leave a comment:

• TimKninja
    replied
    The rear carrier, This thing....

Unbolt it and twist it a bit(90 degrees), its the only way I could get the shifter to clear correctly. It was always still offset to the right a bit. But I could get fifth no problem.

Your Idea also works . Ive seen people do what you did then just drill holes and thru-bolt the two pieces.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Made this new sig for stanceworks, but it won't let me set it. :(

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    So I have been thinking about how I could fix the shift carrier issue and last night I came up with a solution. I have 2 extra m42 shift carriers sitting around, so I went to work with them.

G240 shift carrier, a couple inches longer than the g260

I cut it in half, and then put it in the car, made some measurements, lined it up with the center of the hole, and marked it up. If the arm is cut in half and then slid over, this puts it back towards the center of the hole for the shifter and corrects the offset issue. However, I still was stuck with the 10 degree issue of how the g260 sits with the m50. I am not done making the arm, but I grinded a little bit off of the bottom and when I bolt the 2 pieces together, it should come out to correct or come close to correct that issue.

Also took the differential apart and replaced the seal.

Next up is to finish cleaning up the wiring harness. Can't wait to get back in this thing and drive it.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
    My speculation is that Jimmy wanted to just forget about the whole thing after the turbo build went bad. He seems like a good kid .

Yes thats the nature of the beast on 24 Valve swaps with G260s. I twisted the rear carrier around just enough to get it into fifth without rubbing .
    Meh. You just like all the pictures he takes.

And how did you twist it? Just heat it up and then bend it?

Leave a comment:

• TimKninja
    replied

Yes thats the nature of the beast on 24 Valve swaps with G260s. I twisted the rear carrier around just enough to get it into fifth without rubbing .

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
    I really like how your bay came out. Do you have to use a heat resistant paint?
    No, I just used regular paint, none of that fancy high heat stuff. But i did do the trans tunnel and the sides of the frame rails black. We'll see how well it does with all the heat.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Still have to modify the shifter arm because it sits a little bit to the right of the tunnel, debating on how I am going to go about doing this. Also, there are about 100 small spiders in my transmission tunnel right now, and I hate spiders.

Leave a comment:

• LuckyHenriksen
    replied
    Loving that engine bay. I have always wanted to do a similar color. Nice work

Leave a comment:

• JFarhanbod
    replied
    I really like how your bay came out. Do you have to use a heat resistant paint?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X