Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily-able Racecar Build. Finally getting paint and other goodies! B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DREWHALL
    replied
    Like the color in the bay. Should do the interior the same color lol.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Got the steering column spacers and rack spacers for the e36 rack from AKG. Got the knuckle together and everything back on with the poly bushing. It will feel nice now that it's all back together correctly.

Also have all new shifter bushings, I am excited to have lots of new bushings all around on this car and how great it will feel. I have a short shifter and the z3 shifter, I was debating which to go with, chose the z3 for now but will switch it out if it feels too short.

And finally, got the motor in, took about 15 minutes from on the crane to in the car, the only issue was getting it to sit on the condor poly mounts straight.

I worked today on hooking up everything else including the coolant hoses and the trans mount, etc. Going to do the driveshaft/diff and exhaust tomorrow and wiring Wednesday and hopefully I am driving it by the weekend! :D

Leave a comment:

• Mylch
    replied
    That bay :o

Leave a comment:

• e30m20TurbO7
    replied
    i liked this photo on instagram before i saw this thread

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
    I'd probably replace that clutch and resurface that flywheel while you're there man. Clutch looks pretty hagard. I'd also make sure and retourque everything
    You sure? I know there were some hot spots on the flywheel and a little on the pressure plate, but I sent pictures of the clutch to the guy at UUC and he said it looks like it has a good amount of life still left in it. Keep in mind that it is a ceramic clutch.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Little more progress today. taped up the rest of the bay and sprayed it black. I liked the idea of keeping the sides and trans tunnel black since those get kind of dirty. Plus there were already black.

After that was done, i put on a clear coat over the whole thing and called it a day on the paint. Very satisfied with the outcome. I think I have a new theme for my car.

Also, took off the skidplate.... This thing is pretty bent and just scraped to hell. I will be reusing it though. Also, took out the steering rack and noticed the PO had used 3 flat washers as the spacer for the z3 rack. It was pretty loose and I think from hitting the skid plate with it loose caused it to bend one of the steering rack bolts. Took an impact to that thing and just destroyed it.

I am waiting on a couple little parts to come in. Also am going to be cleaning up the steering rack and maybe dropping/painting the subframe while im at it. Make it look clean. This week when I have time I will also be going home and putting the headers on as well as the motor mounts and have her all ready to drop in this weekend. :)

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    what in the world.
    Much 4 Loko must have been involved that night. And the oil fitting in the oil pan was open and dumping fuel everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinReed
    replied
    Cool build btw. I dig the enkeis I've got to say.

Leave a comment:

• PaladinReed
    replied
    I'd probably replace that clutch and resurface that flywheel while you're there man. Clutch looks pretty hagard. I'd also make sure and retourque everything

Leave a comment:

• Pantless Spency
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
    That would probably be due to the fact that jimmy didn't have the engine bolted down.

Like.

No bolts. At all.
    what in the world.

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Also, Spencer helps build my car, in return I give him the perfect color for the engine bay. Seems even.

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Cool bay color haha.

Looks like the pan and skid plate were making contact, unless it's the wrong plate/engine mounts were installed on the car?
    That would probably be due to the fact that jimmy didn't have the engine bolted down.

Like.

No bolts. At all.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Cool bay color haha.

Looks like the pan and skid plate were making contact, unless it's the wrong plate/engine mounts were installed on the car?
    You got that right..... He has the steering rack in there without any spacers and the engine wasnt bolted down when I bought the car(wrong mounts too, he had some spacers in there. it was sketchy, lol). Still play in the skid plate. haha.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Cool bay color haha.

Leave a comment:

• Pantless Spency
    replied
    woooooo that engine bay is sexy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X