Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily-able Racecar Build. Finally getting paint and other goodies! B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Spencer helps build my car, in return I give him the perfect color for the engine bay. Seems even.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
      That would probably be due to the fact that jimmy didn't have the engine bolted down.

Like.

No bolts. At all.
      what in the world.

Comment

I'd probably replace that clutch and resurface that flywheel while you're there man. Clutch looks pretty hagard. I'd also make sure and retourque everything
        Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Cool build btw. I dig the enkeis I've got to say.
          Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
            what in the world.
            Much 4 Loko must have been involved that night. And the oil fitting in the oil pan was open and dumping fuel everywhere.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Little more progress today. taped up the rest of the bay and sprayed it black. I liked the idea of keeping the sides and trans tunnel black since those get kind of dirty. Plus there were already black.

After that was done, i put on a clear coat over the whole thing and called it a day on the paint. Very satisfied with the outcome. I think I have a new theme for my car.

Also, took off the skidplate.... This thing is pretty bent and just scraped to hell. I will be reusing it though. Also, took out the steering rack and noticed the PO had used 3 flat washers as the spacer for the z3 rack. It was pretty loose and I think from hitting the skid plate with it loose caused it to bend one of the steering rack bolts. Took an impact to that thing and just destroyed it.

I am waiting on a couple little parts to come in. Also am going to be cleaning up the steering rack and maybe dropping/painting the subframe while im at it. Make it look clean. This week when I have time I will also be going home and putting the headers on as well as the motor mounts and have her all ready to drop in this weekend. :)
              sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
              Build Thread:
              Current ongoing build. Check it out!
              1991 318is 4dr rallycross
              Rallycross Build Thread.
              1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                I'd probably replace that clutch and resurface that flywheel while you're there man. Clutch looks pretty hagard. I'd also make sure and retourque everything
                You sure? I know there were some hot spots on the flywheel and a little on the pressure plate, but I sent pictures of the clutch to the guy at UUC and he said it looks like it has a good amount of life still left in it. Keep in mind that it is a ceramic clutch.
                sigpic

Build Thread:
                Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

i liked this photo on instagram before i saw this thread

Comment

That bay :o
                    Drifter??? High Quality Rack Spacers.

Comment

Got the steering column spacers and rack spacers for the e36 rack from AKG. Got the knuckle together and everything back on with the poly bushing. It will feel nice now that it's all back together correctly.

Also have all new shifter bushings, I am excited to have lots of new bushings all around on this car and how great it will feel. I have a short shifter and the z3 shifter, I was debating which to go with, chose the z3 for now but will switch it out if it feels too short.

And finally, got the motor in, took about 15 minutes from on the crane to in the car, the only issue was getting it to sit on the condor poly mounts straight.

I worked today on hooking up everything else including the coolant hoses and the trans mount, etc. Going to do the driveshaft/diff and exhaust tomorrow and wiring Wednesday and hopefully I am driving it by the weekend! :D
                      sigpic

Build Thread:
                      Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Like the color in the bay. Should do the interior the same color lol.

Comment

I really like how your bay came out. Do you have to use a heat resistant paint?

Comment

Loving that engine bay. I have always wanted to do a similar color. Nice work

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Still have to modify the shifter arm because it sits a little bit to the right of the tunnel, debating on how I am going to go about doing this. Also, there are about 100 small spiders in my transmission tunnel right now, and I hate spiders.

sigpic

Build Thread:
                              Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                                I really like how your bay came out. Do you have to use a heat resistant paint?
                                No, I just used regular paint, none of that fancy high heat stuff. But i did do the trans tunnel and the sides of the frame rails black. We'll see how well it does with all the heat.
                                sigpic

Build Thread:
                                Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X