Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily-able Racecar Build. Finally getting paint and other goodies! B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Originally posted by GodIse30 View Post
    Those enkeis were the tits.
    I'm looking for another set of 16x9s. :) I miss them a lot.

Leave a comment:

• ButtJuice
    replied
    Those enkeis were the tits.

Leave a comment:

• ballski
    replied
    subscribed;)

Leave a comment:

• Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
    Just realized I never updated this after I got my new wheels and such on.

Well, here it is the night I drove it again and not all the way down.

The M3 brakes.

Oh. And also picked up a new motor. I'll keep it a secret right now as to what exactly it is and what my plans are for it. ;)
    I no longer have the only state side E30 with MO wheels. At least mine are white :p

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
    Is that second pic an iPhone pic as well?
    Yes sir. First one had a crappy instagram filter on it. haha.
    Love that Iphone 5 picture quality.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post

I love those wheels. And "love" may not be a strong enough word. Maybe "covet" is better

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Is that second pic an iPhone pic as well?

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Since I didnt do much work this weekend to the rallycross car, I took about an hour to start ripping the interior out of the car. Discovered a small amount of surface rust on the passenger side. No big deal. This is why I am doing this, to rust proof the car. I really want to get it on a lift so I can do some rust proofing underneath.

Also started to take the bolt in cage out. I am debating whether or not to keep it as I somewhat want a 6-pt weld in cage. For now, this one will probably be painted an interesting color to keep things alive.

After rallycross season starts I will be focusing on this car including dialing in the suspension, finishing up the interior, and tearing into the new engine. Also, some body work is in line alone with some fresh paint.

Picked up these for drift spares. They are 5x120.7. No idea where/what they are from.

I was also able to get the chance to drive a Tesla Model S as well. And all I have to say is WOW! Not necessarily a fan of all electric cars, but this thing had crazy amounts of torque. It just went. It was the one with the biggest battery too so it did 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, which is very strange in a car that makes no noise and doesnt shift. Feels like you are taking off in a jet.

Last edited by shEck3lls0; 02-19-2013, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied

Well, here it is the night I drove it again and not all the way down.

The M3 brakes.

Oh. And also picked up a new motor. I'll keep it a secret right now as to what exactly it is and what my plans are for it. ;)

Leave a comment:

• !kid
    replied
    your having a custom skid plate made? please post pics when you get to that.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Since I suck at updating my threads, I suppose I'll add a little bit today.

Got the car back on the road and have just been driving it since I have been working on the rallycross car lately getting that thing back in shape for next season and to dd it once I go back to school next week.

Got the m3 brakes and SS brake lines on. Brakes like crazy now. Just waiting on a valance and some other bits so I can complete the front. I am planning on an is lip in the future. Also I raised her up a tad since I don't have my skid plate on currently since I am getting another made currently.

Leave a comment:

• !kid
    replied
    nice build, I really like the new wheels too!

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Also did some front wheel bearings on an m50 vert I sold awhile ago to a buddy down the street.

Also was able to snatch up this KAMotors intake.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    Yesterday I got the new control arms in and on as well as the rear wheels just on the car.

Obviously still on stands in the front.

Leave a comment:

• shEck3lls0
    replied
    So update. It's been awhile and not much has been happening with the car. But a minor mishap is provoking some changes. I went to summit point and did 100 drifter of december and the car was decent there. It was fun to actually push the car and spin some tires. The only trouble I had was the lack of power steering and getting wheel snap while drifting. I have been daily driving the car so I havent been able to put much attention towards it. But during finals week on my way to school I went into a curb and screwed up a control arm and my wheel.

Got it towed back home and started to think about what to do next. Knowing I had the wrong control arms and my camber was messed up anyway, I was wasnt too upset and was excited to get proper suspension so my car doesnt handle horribly. Started off by test fitting my compomotives and deciding tire sizes. Went with 215/45 on the 16x8 et10s.

Also took apart the front suspension and ordered e36m3 control arms, spindles, and hubs as well as picked up a set of adjustable cabs, a new windshield, and steel brake lines from a buddy. I also have a full set m3 brakes coming in.

It snowed 2 times since I've been working on it and its just been horribly cold and windy.

Also took the skid plate off. Time for a new one. (one on the right)

Got the new tires mounted. They ended up fitting quite well and I should only have to roll the fenders slightly. The picture is comparing the funfgangs 225/50/15s, mine are 0.6" bigger in overall diameter.

I did have trouble fitting the compomotives as the centre bore was a little less than 72mm and the e36 stuff is 72.5mm, so I busted out the drimmel and made them fit!
    Last edited by shEck3lls0; 12-30-2012, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X