Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phenryiv1's Rally Cross 87 325- Caged, B25 Swapped, Rear suspension refresh Last Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust studs (courtesy of Guten Parts) arrived:

Quantity 15 of 07-12-9-908-134
    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Very nice work. Hope we are all ready for the season when the time comes around!
      sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
      Build Thread:
      Current ongoing build. Check it out!
      1991 318is 4dr rallycross
      Rallycross Build Thread.
      1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
        Very nice work. Hope we are all ready for the season when the time comes around!
        I'll know a lot more after this weekend's motor swap.
        Patrick Henry

Comment

Well, the weather did not cooperate and the motor swap did not happen. It was calling for a high of 32* (I think that it did get up to 34, to be fair). We postponed the swap.

I had these all ready to go on:

I figured that I would get a little work done. Bad idea. It was 28* out and with the driveshaft disconnected I worked on the car outside. It took almost 90 minutes to get one Condor M3 CAB installed.

I take that back...It really took 75 minutes to get this OFF:

And 15 minutes to press and install the other Condor one.

In other news, I got a set of used OMP seats and some 4-point Schroth harnesses.

The driver's seat has an e36 Corbeau base and sliders. I need to snag an e30 base.

On the passenger side, I think that I can make the previous owner's brackets work with the OEM sliders.

Patrick Henry

Comment

hehe....happy you got them. Your cosmetic color scheme is all screwed up now :)
            Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop
            visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
              hehe....happy you got them. Your cosmetic color scheme is all screwed up now :)
              Going for all primary colors.
              Patrick Henry

Comment

Subscribed :) Now you can monitor my progress without having to get on the org!

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
                2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 95maxrider View Post
                  subscribed :) now you can monitor my progress without having to get on the org!
                  finally!
                  Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                    With the lift, 99% of what I do on my own will be more simple.

Lift:

The lift is an Atlas TD6MR. They run about $1600 shipped and I got it for $1000, gently used. The guy flaked on giving me the truck adapters (which I need for my truck) and they run $160. He actually called me the day after I picked up the lift to tell me that he has them but has not called back or answered the phone in 2 weeks.
                    How does is that lift secured to the floor? Easy to move from a current garage to another? I assume it uses a 115 cord to power a hydraulic pump?
                    www.allenskillicorn.com

Comment

Originally posted by loudes13 View Post
                      How does is that lift secured to the floor? Easy to move from a current garage to another? I assume it uses a 115 cord to power a hydraulic pump?
                      The lift rests on the floor and is "portable" but only in the sense that it isn't bolted down. It weighs about 1000# for the main unit, give or take. It is easy to move forward and back, but even moving it from one side of the garage to the other is a bit of a PITA. I would NOT want to move it to another house without an engine hoist and a low trailer. I built ramps to allow me to park over it at night, so it isn't too portable at all right now.

The hydraulic unit is a 115V 15A circuit.

It goes much higher than that but I had the garage door open and the antenna was hitting the door. I folded the antenna and it went up another 6" but it goes up to about 4' in total height if I have the door closed.
                      Patrick Henry

Comment

If those stock exhaust studs become a PITA to install I highly recommend studs from an E90 since they have an E-torx head making them very easy to install (provided you have an E6 E-torx socket or wrench.)

Part number: 11127593376

What they look like:

If you have the engine out of the car (which I think you do) double nutting the stock ones should be easy enough but a royal PITA on an engine installed in the engine bay. I'd still be double nutting studs on my E36 if I didn't have these E90 studs a few months ago.

Comment

I really wish that I had remembered that before I ordered my OEM ones. I have an e-torx set and those would have been MUCH easier than the 2x nut method.
                          Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                            I really wish that I had remembered that before I ordered my OEM ones. I have an e-torx set and those would have been MUCH easier than the 2x nut method.
                            Sorry to tell you after you had ordered. :(

The E90 studs are cheap (I think I paid ~ 40 cents each for them at most) so you could always order some of them...

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
                              Sorry to tell you after you had ordered. :(

The E90 studs are cheap (I think I paid ~ 40 cents each for them at most) so you could always order some of them...
                              I feel really silly...I ordered the 13 OEM ones with 2-day shipping so that I'd have them for my install last weekend and the weather was crappy so I did not do the install. The studs were only about $0.60-0.70 each, but I had to pay to ship them fast. Wasted that $$$.

Oh well.

I might do the install this weekend, btu if I don't I think that I might go ahead and order the e90 studs to make the install easier. Not that double-nutting is difficult, but I can be a lot more confident in the seating with those e-torx buts than with double nuts.
                              Patrick Henry

Comment

Jelly of your box and lift.

I was walking through home depot and saw that box for $300 and about died. I wish I would have picked one up.

Comment

Working...
                                X