No announcement yet.

Condor Speed Shop's Caged Spec E30 Racecar Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like that Kirkey seat? I've sat in a bunch in Miatas, and hated every one of them.
    1991 318i SOLD
    2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
      Yes from a cage builder in Richmond, VA. I was able to pick the door bar style and I made some additions to the rear down tubes.
      Ya caught that. The website didnt have car specific designs. Was thinking of grabbing one of those cheap rotory draw benders and doung my own but if there hoops fit tight i may do that. What was the total cost?

Comment

great job

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
          How do you like that Kirkey seat? I've sat in a bunch in Miatas, and hated every one of them.
          I like it. It was affordable, and is very supportive. I was driving it on the street, 30 mins to work each way, and it never bothered me. I also did a 2 hour enduro in it, and my back was fine afterwards ;) I'm not saying its better than an $800 seat, but for the cost it's a good starter seat.

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
          Ya caught that. The website didnt have car specific designs. Was thinking of grabbing one of those cheap rotory draw benders and doung my own but if there hoops fit tight i may do that. What was the total cost?
          The hoop & halo fit very tight. If youve never done one before, I'd suggest buying a pre-bent cage before trying to do one from scratch...

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
          great job
          Thanks

Comment

Ive got a few buddies who have done multiple cages. Im not to worried about the bending. Just gotta decide if i want to buy a prefab kit everytime or have the ability to fab later also.

Comment

Dec 9
              Tore into the spec car yesterday... We're getting ready to paint the interior & rollcage soon.

Pulled out all of the safety equipment and the dash...

Dec 12

Jay Greene aka(JohnnyCash) came by today to help me prep the cage for paint and we threw some primer on it.

After a few beers, the primer was dry and although it was midnight, we decided to go for it..

Jay doing his thing...

Reaching all the tubing is a lot harder than you think. I'm glad I pulled out all the windows to access it all.

It's Looking Badass! I love it!

Here's how it looked at 2AM.

Comment

That looks badass.
                1991 318i SOLD
                2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Post the pics from last night! This thing is looking great!!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Good job

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Dec 13
                        Phase 2
                        After letting the rollcage tubing try for a few days, I had to tape it all up to paint the interior. At first I was planning on using paper to tape up the tubing, and aluminum foil for the wiring. After thinking about it and realizing how much work it was going to be to wrap everything with paper, i decided to try something new... Reynolds Wrap. I had not heard of anyone else trying this, so it was a bit of a risk, but it went on pretty easy. With the help of Christy, I had it wrapped in about an hour and a half.

Sorry, no pics of me shooting the interior with paint... nobody to take the pics ;)

Dec 17
                        I let it all dry for 4 days, before unwrapping it. I love it!

Dec 18
                        Today I re-bolted my seat, about an inch further back. I needed a bit more space, now that the steering wheel was 1.5 inches lower. I installed the dash and cleaned up the wiring under the dash.

Almost done, need to install the cluster, center net, harness and doors.

Comment

looks bawsss!

Comment

loving the color, great work carlos!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

damn that is sooo sick!! nice work
                              Originally posted by fronton
                              He must have been staring right the pole, all the way into it. Happens to me playing mariokart every time.
                              sigpic
                              1982 F250 Built 351W-sold
                              1994 325i-sold
                              1987 325es-sold
                              1991 318i Slicktop- work in progress

Comment

great looking cage Carlos. Love the blue!!
                                Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
                                Track/street e21 build
                                visit Condor Speed Shop
                                visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Working...
                                X