I took a wrong turn and end up here.... My e-whatever Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a wrong turn and end up here.... My e-whatever Build

Soooo... I know its not an e30 but BF was boring me and I also miss my e30 so I figured I'd come lurk around here and waste your time with my build haha.

So I had an e30 last year which I sold (stupidly) and got another Integra. After searching for the right e21, e30 or mk1 I had just about given up but then I out of no where found one. Figured I'd introduce the car and also have a little update/build thread.

the old e30.

Now to the new e21.

1983 320i 216k

Runs and Drives pretty well, and is in pretty good condition considering its from Missouri and most everything is full of rust.

Only issues I've noticed so far is a oil leak (small one), starts getting warm after sitting at an idle for awhile (if its like an e30 I'm thinking fan clutch) and it has this weird issue with starting, sometimes it fires right up and other times it cranks for awhile... all of that will be getting checked out shortly though.

e30's have been bringing a ton around here so finding this one for what I got it for was surprising to me and I've been happy with it so far (plus I love driving it).

That was all about a week ago, Just had a latch break so I went to the yard for one plus some other goodies. So far I'm just replacing small stuff before I worry about a drop and wheels. Overall goal is to get it road ready to make the 15 hour drive to sowo next year as this year was my first time and had a blast but no car to take.

My take from my recent trip to the yard (car was pretty much all trashed sadly)

Replaced the door latch and adjusted the door on Monday since it didn't line up due to the adjustments the PO made. Also pulled the wheels to have tires put on them. Ordered some new hoses and o rings yesterday and ordering a half shaft after work today. Also will be replacing the grill and kidneys soon since mine are cracked and I found replacements. Just trying to decide if I want to stick with chrome kidneys or paint em black.

So I got a new shift knob, used oem wood one. Very pumped to get my hands on one. Also bought a couple other small things that will probably be here next week. Still waiting on o-rings to show up and probably flush the radiator this weekend as well.

Got my shift knob installed today, love how it looks but I need to mess with the shift boot to make it look a little better.

Then I replaced the grills, kidneys, and washed the inside and outside of the turn signal lenses. Might end up going back to chrome once I find one in good shape. Here is a before and after.

So today I got some e12 goodies for the e21. Chrome handles and chrome cranks as I'm giving this car a more classic or old car feel I've decided.

New to the car is a Momo woodgrain wheel, Momo hub, momo BMW horn(not pictured) and Hartge wood knob. Also have a parts car coming soon so might have some Sport goodies coming like full black interior and some other small things.

Now for the most recent. Just been driving the car of late because I'm happy with how it is but now it's time to get my ass in gear haha. Goal is to have the car presentable for Sowo next year. Went this year for the first time and it made me get back to into euro's and one reason I bought this e21. First step. Acquire sh*t lol. Picking up a e21 on saturday that has been sitting in a garage for 10 years. Full sport interior, aftermarket exhaust, LSD and I'll be swapping from blue to black interior.

The Donor:

Hope you've enjoyed and hope to have lots more coming over the next few months. (including a drop... I know its been killing you)

Nice :)

Beautiful e30 too :(

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Very nice indeed, I love the wooden wheel! I am working on making my own wheel from a block of wood.

Love the e30, excited to see what you do with this.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Today I picked up a parts car, 82 320is. Looks decent from a far but has quite a bit of rust starting and sat for 10 yrs so I'm going to use it to make mine even better. Already pulled the recaro seats which need cleaned pretty bad but hopefully I can get them looking good, also got the front spoiler off as well but it needs some work.

Comment

do want e21
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

SUB'ED! I waiting for some guys to do crazy stuff to e21s.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

So today I started on pulling the parts car apart mainly pulling the interior out and see what all I had. The recaros I got pulled out last night but were in need of major cleaning. The rear seat ended up being trash as the sun had ruined it. But the black door panels, recaros and oem floor mats were all good enough. I'll also be swapping over the carpet but that will be down the road when I replace my driver floor pan.

The Before

The After (They still need to be cleaned even more or I might just have them redone)

Now to the interior

For now I'll be running my blue rear seat until I find one in good condition in either black or grey cloth. I also have a hood to put on mine (after its painted) and some other things in better shape. Eventually the motor will be going in mine as well and the tranny in the parts car will be going in my dad's which he picked up a couple days ago.

Comment

Question on the Benz in the background? You didn't get that out of WV by any chance did you?

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  Question on the Benz in the background? You didn't get that out of WV by any chance did you?
                  Nope bought it out of a barn in MO like 5 min from me lol

Comment

Well, planned on doing more today since I finally had a free day but of course... I woke up not feeling good lol. So I just did a few easy things and washed the car but I have some updates! Will be doing LCA's on monday finally so the car should be good to start road tripping to some local stuff before the end of the show season. Now on to pretty pictures.

First up, I put in a accordion style boot from an early e21 just because I think they look better.

Then I changed out the tail light lenses and also the rear sidemarker lenses. Mine were cracked so I swiped the nicer ones off my parts car.

Then this showed up in the mail!

Also went back to chrome kidneys because after looking at the car more I started hating the black ones lol. Also cleaned it up and took some crappy shots lol.

Also one of the fleet, the green one is actually my dad's who bought one after driving mine haha, the white car is our donor and we are buying a fourth tomorrow... just hoarding them all lol.

Comment

hells yeah.. e21s don't get enough lovin..
                      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

So cool!Very nice!

Love those wheels

EDIT: oh, the last one. lol
                        Last edited by cabriodster87; 08-18-2012, 12:16 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Reich und Roll!

Comment

Awesome progress, Sub'd

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

So since my last update, we picked up a 4th e21 haha. My dad already tucked the bumper on it and I swapped over my blue interior to it since his driver seat was trashed. Its more of a beater to experiment on but my bumper will be getting tucked soon as well.

So since we pulled the interior out of the new one and it was black I took the back seat for mine so I finally have full black interior. Also did lower control arms on monday which really tightened up the car.

Comment

Working...
                            X