Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude I'm down to kick it hah Get to meet the infamous 5toes in person! Yeah that loose gunk thing is supposed to run down into the pan and muck up the fluid again, then youre supposed to flush it again in 15k supposedly. Dunno about that 15k thing but good place to start.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

thats what I thought theres a drain bolt.

k heres what to do exactly for a neglected trans.

Drain and fill. drive shrt distance 30-100 miles. like 2.5 qt

drop pan replace filter and gasket. this gets like 4 qt

drain and fill again next oil change 2.5 or do a full passive flush. if you alrady took out 6.5 qts in the last 3k miles youre good to get it all 10 qt. With dx 6 that should be 100k miles

Comment

alright so what your saying is do partial flushes and work my way to the full flush? BTW still nub I'm learning my fluids still whats dx 6?

Comment

stamar, thank you for the advice, I plan on doing it.

I am buying some engine oil filter magnets this week too, Ill stick a couple on the tranny pan as well.

Comment

WOW. Just went through my e34's glovebox and found lots of goodies!

a 1991 BMW dealership map
            service manual
            my radio code book
            "DiamondTel" phone manual
            Owner's Manual to car
            Original BMW radio instructions

and a few other bits... all in pristine shape! Some of the plastic covers though have absorbed ink from papers that were on top of them :(

Comment

Sounds just like the glove compartments on every e34 I have ever owned.
              sigpic

Comment

Mines broken as fuck ahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by AustinK425 View Post
                  alright so what your saying is do partial flushes and work my way to the full flush? BTW still nub I'm learning my fluids still whats dx 6?
                  okk dexron 6 is gms newest trans fluiid.

Like when your trans came out I think it took dexron ii

ok heres the real kicker, dexron 2 isnt called dexron 2 anymore its called multi vehicle formula

dexron 3 is supposed to be backward compatible with dexron 2 but it is much thicker. so ( for toyotas) its the wrong stuff and gums stuff up and also doesnt last long. Its the mass produced crap version for all cars or dexron 2.

( zf might be the same might not look that up on your own)

so dexron 4 was kinda rare.... i never saw dexron 5 for sale.

but then dexron 6 came out like gangbusters.

they are all backwards compatible but dexron 6 also:

Is semi synthetic ( enough to be called synthetic fluid) it also has trans additive to it like that trans tune stuff

why Im so stoked on it is price if you get the walmart stuff its 4.27 a quart.

because its newer on the market theres not a long list of personal use but ill give you 2

Ive used it twice on toyota aisin auto trans and it magically transformed them.

but because its made for more modern vehicles I dont recomend putting all 10 quarts in right away because its too detergent. once you start putting it in commit to draining 3 seperate times.

need to get the gunk out that its freeing.

I have heard people just putting 10 quarts in on toyota trans and having no problems at all I just dont recomend doing that I dont do that.
                  Last edited by stamar; 08-29-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    stamar, thank you for the advice, I plan on doing it.

I am buying some engine oil filter magnets this week too, Ill stick a couple on the tranny pan as well.
                    nice actually link me to those. I am about to do this job myself on my toyota.

I was going to say especially on the pan dropping change, use a huge magnet.

I totally forgot to say that but you already know the deal.

My maintenance guy told me that, on the same car i did this on that hadnt had a trans change in 100k miles.

Comment

Wow - how much does 3 tranny fluid changes cost?
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

oh and the drain and fill recomendation with dx 6 is 100k miles, so if you did a full flush youd be good for your life Im pretty sure.

you are pretty young though.

for toyota dolphin rvs 100k miles is like 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Wow - how much does 3 tranny fluid changes cost?
                          for drain and fill?

2.5 quarts x 4.27 11$

4 quarts x 4.27 17$

39$

in fluid not in the filter and gasket.

I wouldnt do it with amsoil. I actually only did this with auto trans that were having trouble and slipping.
                          But I am doing it with my rv which is having no problems just for long term.

3 drains is just for a filthy auto trans you dont know the story on. From there go to regular service interval. Or with dx 6 less hopefully.

Comment

the price of 3 drain and fills like this is almost the same as a full flush but its not introducing a whole bunch of dirt all at once.

It is a slightly more expensive way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                              nice actually link me to those. I am about to do this job myself on my toyota.

I was going to say especially on the pan dropping change, use a huge magnet.

I totally forgot to say that but you already know the deal.

My maintenance guy told me that, on the same car i did this on that hadnt had a trans change in 100k miles.
                              neodymium,magnets,strong,magnetic,magnet,neo,rare,earth,NIB,supermagnet,neodymium magnets,NdFeB,permanent,powerful

These are for special high temp applications. I guess other magnets dont work as good as at high temps.

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                              for drain and fill?

2.5 quarts x 4.27 11$

4 quarts x 4.27 17$

39$

in fluid not in the filter and gasket.

I wouldnt do it with amsoil. I actually only did this with auto trans that were having trouble and slipping.
                              But I am doing it with my rv which is having no problems just for long term.

3 drains is just for a filthy auto trans you dont know the story on. From there go to regular service interval. Or with dx 6 less hopefully.
                              Thanks for the suggestions Stamar. What is your profession anyways...?

Comment

Additionally, I figured out last night my tranny doesnt slip like I thought.

It just likes to pop out of drive after getting the motor past 4000rpm.

I showed my buddy last night the sound of the m50 up in its power band and after the shift I lost all power, and could free r3v. Dropped the tranny into "sport" and car drove fine. All the shifts are good, but sometimes it seems like it is not getting all the power to the wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X