No announcement yet.

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Rolls Royce go out on the track?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
      Did the Rolls Royce go out on the track?
      nope, he showed up and was hanging out. I think the E46 M3 show below was his race car but I am not 100% and I wasnt there long enough to see him go out on the track. Terry (QUKBMR) knew the group, I was just tagging along

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

2mAn, are you sure none of your wheels are bent or out of balance? I don't believe not having hub-centric rings would wreak havoc the way you described. Were your wheel bolts/lugs torqued correctly?

Comment

Yea this whole problem started when I upgraded from 10mm spacers to 15mm spacers. The old ones were perfect, but I wanted to push the rear out a little. Ever since then Ive had problems. Might be the damn spacers ( ECS Tuning), but I wont know for sure until the other element is resolved.

I also think the instructor kinda had it out for me and didnt want me on the track. He seemed to keep messing with me...
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Yea this whole problem started when I upgraded from 10mm spacers to 15mm spacers. The old ones were perfect, but I wanted to push the rear out a little. Ever since then Ive had problems. Might be the damn spacers ( ECS Tuning), but I wont know for sure until the other element is resolved.

I also think the instructor kinda had it out for me and didnt want me on the track. He seemed to keep messing with me...
            I see. Perhaps one of the spacers isn't sitting completely flush. Hopefully when you figure it out it's an easy fix.

Haha, how was the instructor messing with you? If he was nit picky about things like keeping your hand off the shifter, left foot off the clutch, your eyes up, looking past the turn, using the full width of the track, etc, etc then it was only to make you better and it's normal.

Comment

Oh yeah, that e46m is pure sex.

Comment

I was hammering the car the day before in the Angeles Forest back roads with the SoCal vintage group and had zero issues, but within a few slow laps on the track and not even pushing it, he told the workers that I needed to get off the track. He was ahead of me in his own car, never once in my car.

Theres more to the story, but yea either way I need to fix this before I go back out.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

More to the story?

Fill me in!
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

That's my bud Ayed's e46 :p
                    He doesn't own an RR lol

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I figured it was his car as I didnt see the dude in the RR suit up or anything....

In other news, after the canyon part of the caravan to the CarBQ I headed back to LA on PCH and actually got a guy in a new McLaren to race me :rofl: I didnt win, too much wheelspin. Yes, Im going to blame it SOLELY on the wheelspin

Also got the larger hubcentric rings again and convinced Nigel to turn them down for me so they will properly fit. Not sure exactly when this will all be done, but it needs to happen ASAP
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

LOng overdue update. I just completed this, but its been something Ive had and been working on for a VERY long time... So long that I might split this up into 2 posts so as not to overwhelm R3V...

It all started with this, you may remember it from page 1

fast forward nearly two years and it still looks like this

rear_valence01 by 2mAn

Started trimming it a long time ago

rear_valence02 by 2mAn

ahh the smell of cutting metal

rear_valence03 by 2mAn

well, I finally got back to it today. its been trimmed and ready for months, but because of that stupid muffler I couldnt weld it on. Finally got my Ansa muffler welded on today and I was pretty disappointed how quiet it is. I think Im going to delete the factory resonators to liven it up a bit, but thats not what this is update is about
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 07-22-2017, 09:24 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Lets start!! Notice the giant muffler is gone. I had kind of a nervous moment getting the muffler welded on prior to having the rear valence welded on, but I reviewed some pics and gave the dude a good idea of where I wanted it and it worked out perfect

already getting excited at this point! but still a lot to do before I can actually weld it.

and now I used a grinder and removed the paint, undercoating, etc to get a bare metal surface to weld to

Now I have a perfect bare metal to weld to but if I did that there would be bare metal that would also start rusting so, I masked it all up and used a self etching and weldable primer

this took way too long....

after removing the blue tape and stuff this is what I was left with. no bare metal and a perfectly good weldable surface

No pics of "in process" welding, I was trying to get it done. BUt heres a crappy pic of when I finished

after welding I covered the exposed welds with some seam sealer

FINISHED!!

I love how it looks, but the rear valence mustve been poorly repaired in the past because a ton of bondo was caked on over the exhaust cutout and it cracked when I was maneuvering the valence into place. oh well, this car isnt a show car.

AND I couldnt wait to go take pics. best I could do for now. Hopefully there will be some good pics taken at the SoCal Vintage show

Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

The rear valance looks good.:up:
                            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

woo!!

1991 325i
                              flickr
                              @sambhaskins

Comment

Lookin good Simon!

Comment

Working...
                                X