the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    It's going to rain on sunday, so they say.
    perfect! Mother Nature will do my dirty work for me
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      perfect! Mother Nature will do my dirty work for me
      I parked both mine outside in anticipation... I feel a little guilty
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

So, not much to report lately. I've been super busy between work, school and just getting engaged to a girl who lives 300 miles away from me. Lately I've noticed my Valvecover gasket has allowed some oil to leak onto my exhaust manifolds causing a horrible burnt oil smell in the cabin. I have a OBD1 VCG but they are different and I'm not ready to install the OBD1 valvecover yet. So I pulled the current cover off and put a bead of red rtv to try and seal it temporarily. My fiance snapped a picture of me while I was working. She loves that I work on my own cars so that's good because she has no idea important that is to me...

In other news, I washed the car because El Nino isn't helping me keep the car clean. Also, SoCal vintage is next weekend and I'll probably have the fenders by then so hopefully this next week I can get a few minutes to try and polish up the paint. We'll see...
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Congratulations on the engagement!

Details on socal vintage?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          Shadetree30

Comment

Thanks Charlie! Details to register are here...

SoCal Vintage BMW on Saturday, October 31, 2015 at Woodley Ave Park, Van Nuys, CA - Welcome to the Eighth Annual Southern CaliforniaVintage BMW Meet which will take place on Saturday, October 31, 2015! The Meet will run from 8AM - 4PM. As always the Meet is at Woodley Park in Van Nuy...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Did you ever tackle the rear fog light thing again? I was messing around with the bulbs trays and just wired those extra sockets to the brake circuit for double brake lights.
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                the one that is there is from my buddy Corey's old iX.
                Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Coreys' iX - the thought of it kinda chokes me up a bit. I loved that car.
                At least part of the IX lives on lol.. I can't say I miss it much.

Simon, I have the lame Ebay headers currently in the car and a set of obd2 headers ready to swap since last year.. I've been dreading the day I finally start to attempt to swap them. I have a feeling I'll be pulling the motor

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                  Did you ever tackle the rear fog light thing again? I was messing around with the bulbs trays and just wired those extra sockets to the brake circuit for double brake lights.
                  No, I kinda got sidetracked with other stuff. Then I never came back to it. You should update my other thread with your results. I'm an idiot when it comes to electricity and its probably a miracle I haven't shocked myself yet
                  Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
                  At least part of the IX lives on lol.. I can't say I miss it much.

Simon, I have the lame Ebay headers currently in the car and a set of obd2 headers ready to swap since last year.. I've been dreading the day I finally start to attempt to swap them. I have a feeling I'll be pulling the motor
                  The rear valence on my car is from that iX also. Has a layer of Bondo on it...

It would be super easy to swap the exhaust with the motor out, but that's overkill. I would say it's probably easier to just have a shop deal with it. They used a lift, supported the engine and took the engine arm off and Bing bang boom
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Ok, so after this exciting weekend I now have a few things added on my "to-do" list

I now have the "new" fenders, big thanks to Steve and his brother Eric for bringing the fenders to SoCal vintage so I didnt have to drive out to the boonies to pick them up. I need to install those soon, but who knows when I will have time.

I also purchased a "Flock-it" kit so I can flock the spare dash I picked up. It will be a process since the dash I have has cracks, so I will need to repair those before the flocking process. Plenty of stuff to keep me busy... as if I had a bunch of spare time. Fingers crossed that I can get these done while Im on a break from my class in December.

Prior to that I will have my appt with the BAR referee! November 25th is the big day. Im excited to see if all this BS will allow me to finally get CA plates. Ive been itching to get my custom plates
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Why do you want cali plates? I'd be happy with out of town plates

Comment

Because there's no reason that this car can't be legal in California and I built it to be that way. If I built a turbo something or other then obviously it would be a different story but a NA 24v can and should be legal.

I plan on keeping this car for a long time so I don't want to deal with finding an illegal smog place every two years
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

^^ I agree

Comment

Congrats on your engagement! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                              Why do you want cali plates? I'd be happy with out of town plates
                              not regualr cali plates, those are gross. But the legacy black/yellow plates are sweeeeeet
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                                not regualr cali plates, those are gross. But the legacy black/yellow plates are sweeeeeet
                                actually I wish they had the blue plates in addition to the black plates. Im not getting the black plate
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X