• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the sticker dude!
    Get any good shots/vid from the drive?
    '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by ArdaMK2 View Post
      Looking good Simon, gotta get together and take a drive soon.
      Definitely! I have a lot less free time though so its tough

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
      I have always wanted that flag. It just looks something else on the white paint.

Good job this car has come a long way. I have followed and known your build before I even had an e30. I joined r3v because of my friends who had e30s. One of the most nostalgic builds on R3V. Glad to be here
      Thanks! I havent owned a car for this long so its pretty cool to see the evolution over the years. I keep thinking Im "done" but its a constant on-going project.

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
      I love the sticker dude!
      Get any good shots/vid from the drive?
      So good to see you Alex! That was a nice surprise, we had a good squad of E30s.

The LTW flag has been something I have wanted since the "theme" of this car has been all about keeping it light. I hit up the guy recently and he happened to still have one left in a color that works for me. Of course its not perfect and I will probably change it up down the road to a ///M colored LTW flag, but I couldnt resist...

Heres a few more pics from the day

The 7am meetup before the meetup

DSCN4143_zpsnl0juziq by 2mAn

DSCN4144_zps5oxpz0pt by 2mAn

DSCN4145_zpsunlms1gz by 2mAn

and "hard-parked"
      DSCN4151_zpseusdinj7 by 2mAn

and a group shot!
      DSCN4148_zpstdahnrnj by 2mAn

another one out in the boonies
      DSCN4153_zpsbohlprm7 by 2mAn

**lost Alex's rolling shot pic**
      Last edited by 2mAn; 07-22-2017, 10:23 AM. Reason: fuck photobucket
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Did you get the car to pass smog?

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
          Did you get the car to pass smog?
          After the last appt I decided I would take a break on spending funds on emissions and spend it on tires and fun stuff instead. I plan to take it again soon, but Im not in a rush anymore because Im not trying to sell the car. Im going to turn it into a track-able street car, so it wont be driven much on the streets except for stuff like this or if something weird happens to the daily. The smog was really frustrating me and its no longer a priority but is still something I will get done. With how close I got last time, I am really hoping a few tweaks will get it under the limit on the HCs
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Your car looks so clean, have you considered cleaning up the rear underneath the rear bumper? If you have a napa auto parts store near you that mixes paint, you can just get cheap single stage alpine white spray paint can, and some sort of flat black paint and get that looking really nice for cheap. that part of the body is textured so you dont have to worry about wetsanding or anything.
            Current:
            1989 325i
            1988 M3
            1987 325ic
            Past:
            2001 330ci
            2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
              Your car looks so clean, have you considered cleaning up the rear underneath the rear bumper? If you have a napa auto parts store near you that mixes paint, you can just get cheap single stage alpine white spray paint can, and some sort of flat black paint and get that looking really nice for cheap. that part of the body is textured so you dont have to worry about wetsanding or anything.
              Thanks, pictures are deceiving! Its not that clean, but that rear valence definitely is beat. Regular readers of my thread might remember that I owned this late model valence for about 2 years before I finally installed it on the car, even bringing it from Seattle to SoCal with me when I moved down 3 years ago.

Well, I was happy that the valence was from an Alpine white car, but what I found out when I was prepping it for the install was that it has been poorly repaired in the past and the area over the exhaust cutout is cracked from being a caked-on, bondo mess. My friend who painted my front valence and bumpers has more Alpine White leftover and certainly has the skills to fix it, but I might just say fuck it and remove the valence and have him spray the underneath body area back to white. Im not 100% sure yet
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Went to San Diego this weekend, stopped and picked up this autopower roll bar on my way back. Barely fit in the wife's SUV

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

It's cool that your wife let's you buy car stuff. In for pics of the rollback installed

Comment

Nice!!!!! Congrats on the cage

-
                    Project
                    Parts for Sale
                    Feedback
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Yeaaaaaa buddy!!! And its white!
                      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                      Shadetree30

Comment

so should I spend money on a wife or another car?

I mean, I have to buy one or the other.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                          It's cool that your wife let's you buy car stuff. In for pics of the rollback installed
                          She knew what she was getting into! I love her though, she was sitting next to me, but didnt want to be in the selfie haha

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                          Nice!!!!! Congrats on the cage
                          Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                          Yeaaaaaa buddy!!! And its white!
                          Thanks guys! Next step will be plinth boxes and welding

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                          so should I spend money on a wife or another car?

I mean, I have to buy one or the other.
                          Thats for you to decide, though with how many cars you have it may be time to start collecting wives. You're mormon right? :p
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Thats for you to decide, though with how many cars you have it may be time to start collecting wives. You're mormon right? :p
                            I can be mormon I guess.

I just purchased a BYU Alumni license plate frame and a Joseph Smith chest tattoo. Time to get some Mormon college girls.
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

you could be the rebel dude with coca cola and that good hair
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

cant wait to see that cage installed, Simon! gonna be devilish!
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X