Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touring M52B28 (another one from Ireland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
    This looks amazing.
    Hehe, if only it would still look as good after a year of use!

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
    Ha! It almost looks like Avus Blue in the booth, but direct sunlight will be the test.
    I think this might be a bit darker or blue-er, we'll see as I'm sure I'll bump into Avus at some point somewhere.

Comment

Comment

Who's painting it Brendan?:)
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
        If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Lanes autobody their about an hr from Dublin.

Comment

Myself and Feens went for a look at the touring today. I can;t say anything other than that I'm very very happy with it! The colour is spot on and I really like it. The finish is also great, it's a little dusty in the pics and hasn't been flattened and polished yet in the pics but you get the idea:

Nearly time for it to come home :D :dance:

Comment

Another part finished and ready to go onto the car.

I cleaned up the brake master cylinder ages ago with a wire wheel and wire brush and then left it soaking in Deox-C poweder to de-rust it.

The original servo is massive and doesn't fit any longer with the m52, fouls in the intake manifold, so a Clio one was used. The rod inside needed to be removed and after figuring out it wasn't metric but actually 1/4" UNF I got a threaded rod and cut it down so it was just about level with the face of the serve (same as on the original servo).

Original

Clio

The Clevis pin hole also needed filing out a little to accommodate the E30 pin

Dificult to see but I used a threaded round bar/slieve on the rod to stop it moving and it's also nice and snug inside the end of the MS

Comment

Wow, Ireland goes hard.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
                  Spent a couple hours everyday this week cleaning my interior. Pretty happy with how it all came out. There's some light staining on the boot carpet which hopefully won't be visible once I've it all dye'd, likewise with the floor mats.

Another pic for good measure, so comfy to sit in!

Carpet not cleaned yet, I just attacked some stains today, will do the rest tomorrow.
                  So very pretty. Are those the factory Recaro option seats?

Another piece of the puzzle arrive yesterday from Holland:

I'll now be able to close the boot compartment when there's a battery in there, the difference is quite obvious (ignore the blurry cat).
                  I had no idea those existed. I take it they're not exactly common items. All I know is I need one!
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Factory E30 but not factory fitted in either of my shells. They were a slightly expensive upgrade but so worth it.

We never got the iX touring in Ireland so rare over here (I guess the same in the US). I found this one in Holland where I also found a second one around the same time so they can be got.

Do you have a touring also?

Comment

Yeah it's a UK import. If I had the proper parts I'd put the battery in the back. So it was only the iX tourings that had them in the back?

I am a pursit now.

Comment

The diesel touring also had them. Both had the battery in the boot. I'm not sure but you might also need the cable, I have both but I haven't compared their length yet.

Comment

Factory E30 but not factory fitted in either of my shells. They were a slightly expensive upgrade but so worth it.

We never got the iX touring in Ireland so rare over here (I guess the same in the US). I found this one in Holland where I also found a second one around the same time so they can be got.

Do you have a touring also?
                          If you see any more of these Brendan let me know as I will need one for mine.
                          Standard battery in boot cable should be fine I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post
                            If you see any more of these Brendan let me know as I will need one for mine.
                            Standard battery in boot cable should be fine I'd say.
                            I assumed so as well. Just a matter of routing it through the cabin.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I'll have a look for you Dave!

The only difference really is that there's a bit of reinforcement around the touring rear arch. I liked to have it and the guy sent it with the rest of the panel for me :)

Comment

Been waiting for this sight for a long time

Bit dark to see much but apart from being wet it looks great :D Colour doesn't really come out because it was a bit darker than it looks in the picture.

I'll get some better pics tomorrow after I hose of all the road grime from transporting it home.

Comment

Working...
                                X