Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James
    replied
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148000 may as well, the car has earned it.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Wagen
    replied
    Strip and repair the rust, make sure the chassis is perfect before doing anything.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    I would treat the rust to prevent it from spreading , repair any glaring mechanical issues and drive it like it was meant to be driven.

I am probably in the minority here but it is a great pleasure to drive a machine that you dont have to worry about (not cosmetically perfect) and have little money invested in.

This car will probably be restored in it's life and that owner will probably be very proud of it and also very concerned about it's well being.

Who gets to rip around in a $5000 E30 M3 with a care free stupid grin these days ?

Leave a comment:

• GT BMW E30
    replied
    r3v will do exactly what you are doing..... lol
    now get 3 hookers on full rotations for a month. :pimp:
    do it right.

if i consider the math side. contact the guys in Manhattan NY. you should know the place.
    Last edited by GT BMW E30; 06-30-2013, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SlamedIAm
    replied
    I think given your resources it only makes sense to do it once and do it right. Get rid of all the rust, repaint it, powdercoat whatever needs powdercoating, etc. It may take time and some money but that thing is going to skyrocket in value.

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    It's the dream car for so many people on here, myself included. I'd be making her perfect. Couldn't live with myself knowing that I hadn't done things properly on that car. Just my $0.02...

Leave a comment:

• mccor023
    replied
    Originally posted by blunttech View Post
    Havent done much to this car since original post except strip it and buy tons of parts. Ive just been way too busy with work to even get out in the garage....Its got more rust than first thought .. Cowl and tail panel are good. But Im at a crossroads as to what to do. The underside is rough and to be really nice I need to powdercoat everything. subframes are showing signs of rust. hard brake lines are ok but shitty looking. A couple winters took its toll on this car. Refresh everything and make a nice driver??? or go all out and do a nut and bolt resto?? I have purchased so many nice parts for this car it seems foolish to just install them on a less than perfect car. I suppose in the end the car will be worth more but I dont want to over restore it either. Remember I only have 4700 into it and it needs no engine work Just reseal it..... what would r3v do?
    It seems to me the inly smart thing to do is to tell sell it for the 4700 you have into it. Probably best to sell it to one of your good customers in VA, because then you would have a customer buying parts for 2 cars not 1.
    Anything else you do would just be silly and unresponsible!

Leave a comment:

• blunttech
    replied
    Havent done much to this car since original post except strip it and buy tons of parts. Ive just been way too busy with work to even get out in the garage....Its got more rust than first thought .. Cowl and tail panel are good. But Im at a crossroads as to what to do. The underside is rough and to be really nice I need to powdercoat everything. subframes are showing signs of rust. hard brake lines are ok but shitty looking. A couple winters took its toll on this car. Refresh everything and make a nice driver??? or go all out and do a nut and bolt resto?? I have purchased so many nice parts for this car it seems foolish to just install them on a less than perfect car. I suppose in the end the car will be worth more but I dont want to over restore it either. Remember I only have 4700 into it and it needs no engine work Just reseal it..... what would r3v do?

Leave a comment:

• Good & Tight
    replied
    Originally posted by B@BluntTech View Post
    Wish i knew someone with a injected m10 for that thing....

p.s :finger:
    Couldn't resist sweetie. If I ever pull my perfect running M10 out of the green car you can have it.

Leave a comment:

• brian52555
    replied
    Deal of the century! Glad the car is in good hands.

Leave a comment:

• B@BluntTech
    replied
    Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
    Is that a ford Pinto I spy in the background first photo...?
    Wish i knew someone with a injected m10 for that thing....

p.s :finger:

Leave a comment:

• 325ix
    replied
    I guess I am one of the few people who likes the DTM style exhaust tips.

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    ^ cool my next shipment of hookers for you will be in the trunk of an e30.

Leave a comment:

• blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    "Secrets from other people's wives are a necessary luxury in modern life... But no man should have a secret from his own wife. She invariably finds it out. Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious."
    A better way of putting it would have been "My wife doesnt care"
    She has no clue what I actually own.. She sees cars come and go and has never cared what I do.

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    "Secrets from other people's wives are a necessary luxury in modern life... But no man should have a secret from his own wife. She invariably finds it out. Women have a wonderful instinct about things. They can discover everything except the obvious."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X