Do The Ton[Schwarz Euro 323i]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iain View Post
    Interesting to see what you do with the fuel system/return line/pump/etc.

Black E30s in SA always remind me of Shakey and Mk1. Damn that Gorge Rd. Damn it to heck. [insert fist shaking here]
    I haven't given a lot of thought to this yet because I'm still piecing together the engine build and finishing off an older project car first.

I'm pretty sure the series 1 twin pump set up makes it easy though.

The plan is;
    Standard lift pump > Carter 4070 HVLP pump in place of the standard external > Holley Red FPR set at 2.5-3PSI > Carbs.

Comment

Since I've got a new E30 to daily, this is becoming a track car. Purely for drift practice days, not any serious track work.

Simplification/elimination of failure points is the key agenda at the moment, so I decided to delete the cold start/auxiliary air slide valve entirely.

I used a 3/8" brass connector to join the two coolant hoses on either side of the air slide valve and rubber chair leg tips to temporarily block off all open hose connections.

Was left with these connections open to atmosphere.

Swapped to the 320i/325i intake manifold vacuum plate.

Used a mini pod filter to delete the PCV hose to throttle body.

Thought about more ways of simplifying the spaghetti, so I switched to a single hose for the brake booster.
      Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 01-24-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Posting here so I'm sub'd for updates :)
        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Group buy on the coilovers? lol.
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Working...
          X