No announcement yet.

Joey's iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Power is amazing stuff. Spray... let it do it's thing... Scrub a bit.. and BAM! Clean parts. I use it all the time.

Comment

I am a adamant advocate for Purple Power now. Almost half the price and 4x the amount you get versus the traditional "Engine Degreaser" you buy at Vatozone in the blue/orange can

AND it works better. $5 for a Gallon jug at Walmart. Yes please!

Comment

I love that you're bringing her back to life! You work quickly. I'm happy you've saved her. Give us an update when it's back on the road! That purple power stuff is pretty impressive.
        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by One_Eyed Jack View Post
          Just got kicked out aswell and the e30 was my own car as the "replacement" e30 was a stolen car so the 5-0 repossessed it, so that is going to complicate things. Between the guys bumming me rides to work, part donors, and crashing at friend's houses for the next 3-4 weeks; I'll be okay. I was able to salvage the 10 iS clips no problem too. She will live on soon. Stay tuned for progress as it's going to be stop and go, stop and go within the next few weeks.

But seriously... You can't make this stuff up people.
          wow you bought a stolen car? that sucks.
          when i buy cars i always check the last reg, the pink and their driver's license. sucks to have all your money taken from you.

what happened about getting kicked out?
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
            I love that you're bringing her back to life! You work quickly. I'm happy you've saved her. Give us an update when it's back on the road! That purple power stuff is pretty impressive.
            Yup Yup Yup. It's a double-edged bitter-sweet feeling moving so fast though. I'm noticing everything that is ACTUALLY bent on the frame, and I am coming to grips with the fact I will not tolerate doing it half-ass, so I have to swallow up another week or two to send it off to the puller... The whole passenger side is tweaked; lollipop is shifted, brand new engine mount looks awkward, engine is pushed back about a half inch: the subframe looks perfect, so the only culprit is the frame, which, upon closer investigation, looks much worse than I had originally thought.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            wow you bought a stolen car? that sucks.
            when i buy cars i always check the last reg, the pink and their driver's license. sucks to have all your money taken from you.

what happened about getting kicked out?
            1. Yeah, it does, but I parted out what I bought it for, so the only thing I lost was pride (weaves for $270, rear trunk lip $80; only lost about $50)

2. That was my fault at the time: I was hasty and desperate to find something to chop and fix the iS, I didn't check or read the red flags

3. Ended up crashing at a friends house for about a week. After my dad collected his senses and stopped listennin to my overly emotional preggo mother, he say he was wrong an apologized. I've been living back at home for about 2 weeks now, so that's helping me out a bit

Comment

Joey's iS

Spent the day doing sssstttufffffff

Dropped the destroyed pan; razor bladed mounting surface for a smooth mate with the new gasket; bolted up the new (repaired) pan. Mounted everything back up, got some new motor mounts in there. Twas about a 4 hour job because I decided to go in a little crazy with the Purple Power and clean virtually EVERYTHING. Forgot to drain the tranny to put in some Redline MT90 instead of the ATF I'm running now, but.. Eh... I'll do it eventually. It's not exactly on my need-to-do list

SHEEEE LIIIIIVVVVESSSS!
              Last edited by JinormusJ; 11-26-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Joey's iS

B
                Last edited by JinormusJ; 11-05-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

B
                  Last edited by JinormusJ; 11-05-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Blew the engine.

Found out that it was blown about an hour after taking the above picture.

Snapped it; got all my lines hooked up. Poured coolant.

BAM; head gasket weeping coolant onto my exhaust like a mofo. Not a totally expensive fix, but an annoying and time consuming one

More incentive for my 2.7i swap I was thinking about? :)

Comment

just read your build .. sorry for the bad luck . hope you get some good luck soon.

very nice restoration.

Comment

After all that you've been through it must be a tough set back to have the engine blow on you. Sorry to hear that. I hope it makes a big come back for you in 2014!
                        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Yeah, it's kinda just the icing on the cake...

Plus losing my job on Christmas. Let's just say 2013 sucked for me. It's not that bad though, and where I can't say I've been through harder, I'm staying hopeful

Comment

Wow, what a build. Just looked through almost all of it. Hope to see it all together soon.
                            View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Thanks

Let's just say she won't see the road in a good long while.. There's too much I have to worry about with my whole work situation now, so she's going in storage. Luckily the house we are at right now has RV access and we have a huge covering that is used to house boats on the side of the house. We don't have a boat, so that's where she's gonna sit for a few months; least she'll have some shelter in the mean time

Shucks... I'm super depressed about it.. But thats life, what can you do :|
                              Still super excited and hopeful for the future though

Comment

Joey's iS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X