S54 E30 build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • xAZxE30x
    replied
    Originally posted by Jb325is
    You don't have to do the subframe, e34 pan will work. The wiring is a little bit more involved, but I just followed FredK's diagram and it worked great.. I'm definitely no wiring expert. I just think its a massive step up from the s50 without too much more work. I thought there would already be a lot more of them on the road by the time I got mine done

    I think the biggest thing is people charging ridiculous money for re-flashes, which can be avoided by getting in contact with the right people on here.
    Yeah that is a good point. I have had a couple buddies pick up some s54's for crazy prices. If I had the spare cash and could sell my m20, I'd be looking for an engine myself. I think that's the perfect combo

    Leave a comment:


  • Jb325is
    replied
    Originally posted by xAZxE30x
    I think its still because it requires a bit more fabbing than the other swaps. S5x are easy for anyone with a little bit of skill. but not everyone can do the s54 wiring and the subframe and all that jazz

    I think it will still be another couple years before its more common
    You don't have to do the subframe, e34 pan will work. The wiring is a little bit more involved, but I just followed FredK's diagram and it worked great.. I'm definitely no wiring expert. I just think its a massive step up from the s50 without too much more work. I thought there would already be a lot more of them on the road by the time I got mine done

    I think the biggest thing is people charging ridiculous money for re-flashes, which can be avoided by getting in contact with the right people on here.

    Leave a comment:


  • xAZxE30x
    replied
    Originally posted by Jb325is
    I'm really surprised more s54 swaps aren't popping up. Motors are getting cheap
    I think its still because it requires a bit more fabbing than the other swaps. S5x are easy for anyone with a little bit of skill. but not everyone can do the s54 wiring and the subframe and all that jazz

    I think it will still be another couple years before its more common

    Leave a comment:


  • Jb325is
    replied
    I'm really surprised more s54 swaps aren't popping up. Motors are getting cheap

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Pretty sure I remember him selling his swap a while back.

    Leave a comment:


  • xAZxE30x
    replied
    updates?

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    Which rotor did you have with the 135 brakes? I am getting ready to put that setup on my E36 5 lug E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dedlotus
    replied
    Stumbled across this one. Sub'd!

    Leave a comment:


  • TroyShark
    replied
    Had to subscribe to this one

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Updates?

    Leave a comment:


  • CrisMac
    replied
    oh.gawd. Awesome Setup your going with. cant wait to see it come together!

    Leave a comment:


  • canakami
    replied
    Jebus...those are some stoppers you've got there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asbradley21
    replied


    I think this will be enough braking power, no?

    Leave a comment:


  • evandael
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik
    I would go with an S2.73 with the ZF. Especially with that much power.

    s54 wants to rev though. i think he's safe with the 3.25.

    Leave a comment:


  • mtlbloodshot
    replied
    Sub'd.. Curious to see how you'll complete this BBK and engine swap

    Leave a comment:

Working...