Porsche 911 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Weber guts, Batman! Sweet photos.

I have the Weber tuning book by Braden, through Alfa circles. I'm cautious about taking them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      I was talking to csermonet47 on sunday and realized i really needed to spend some time tuning the carbs. But first...

I'll need to order a few gaskets, but so far everything is in fantastic shape.
      This whole thread pisses me off in such a good way

And I like Csermonet47. Though we only barely know each other on the internet, I feel like he'd be a cool friend IRL. Someone you can go to Vegas and make questionable decisions with, and then get tested together, and then high five when you both find out that you didn't get Herpes or that girl who's name you already forgot pregnant.

Not that I would condone such behavior, but I think you get it.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        Within 5 months, I'm going to own one of these. Late sc or mid 80s 911 carrera.

You've got a little over 3 weeks.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Emulsion tubes, idle jets, main jets.... I remember messing with those a few years back. They are easy to work on and you need the sync tool to dial them in. Once synced properly the throttle response is wicked. Nice neoprene floats btw, there made to handle boost....just sayin...

I was talking to csermonet47 on sunday and realized i really needed to spend some time tuning the carbs. But first...

I need to disassemble an inspect all the parts and passageways in the carbs.

I'll need to order a few gaskets, but so far everything is in fantastic shape.
          Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by good & tight View Post
            nice neoprene floats btw, they're made to handle boost....just sayin...
            Doooooo iiiiittttt!
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by good & tight View Post
              nice neoprene floats btw, there made to handle boost....just sayin...
              8) Aye.

YEAH MAN, WHAT HE SAID.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I will probably make an adapter to my momo hub, maybe even an eccentric one. I measured the original steering wheel and was surprised to find the rim of the wheel is substantially off center compared to the hub.
                My old Italvolanti Formel wheel is the same way. Turning the wheel makes an elliptical motion. Just part of the charm of the car now, but it was weird at first!!

I always love checking in on this thread
                Originally posted by LJ851
                kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                #teamross
                Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                  Nice neoprene floats btw, there made to handle boost....just sayin...
                  Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  Doooooo iiiiittttt!
                  Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  8) Aye.

YEAH MAN, WHAT HE SAID.

Boost is not out of the question, although if i did go F I it would also be F I. Boosting a carb has too many compromises in my opinion.

I am still going down the lightweight/simple/throttle response road which is why i need to improve the jetting of the carbs. It starts and idles and goes well at full throttle currently, but overall driveability leaves a bit to be desired and i don't drive it as much as i could/should as a result.
                  Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I am still going down the lightweight/simple/throttle response road
                    This is the way to go.

Comment

Carb gaskets, etc. are ordered.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Got a sweet vintage package from Germany.

This also showed up in the mail.

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

PMO has revised the accelerator pump arm to the "hachet" style piece that gives fuel sooner. Supposed to improve throttle response. It's the one on the bottom.

Carbs cleaned and inspected. Found a couple issues but nothing major.

That's what i'm talking about.

Reset the float levels in all 4 float chambers.

Time to hook up a wide band and start tuning.
                          Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Nice wheel! I'm on the hunt for something similar also

Comment

Went back and forth about wether to buy a new hub for the italvolanti wheel because the adapter i would need with my shortened momo hub would need to be like 40mm thick.

I stumbled across this spacer that is shaped like a spool and uses separate bolts on the top and bottom as opposed to being through-bolted. It was available in the right thickness and the upper flange had plenty of meat to allow me to machine the italvolanti bolt pattern with massive 8 X 1.25 threads. An inexpensive and simple solution.

Took it out in the rain for it's first drive tonight and i am very, very pleased. The leather has a wonderful vintage/used feel to it and the grip size and wheel diameter i think are perfect. The wheel immediately felt at home, like it's always been there. The same way a favorite pair of old shoes feels.

I can functionally see my oil temp and speedo again as well.

Many thanks to Ryan for turning me onto this wheel !
                              Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                                IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Working...
                                X