Thanks, going to hopefully get this complete within the next few months

Leave a comment:

• DriftBoy
    replied
    This is amazing!!

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Have been super busy lately with no time to work on the car. I should have a good update after this weekend, maybe the next. But, currently I've come across an opportunity to make a drastic change to my driveline.

A buddy of mine (Hans Morris aka Airfed) who has been helping me tune my car recently attempted to swap in a CD009 6 speed trans from a 350Z into his IS300. It is a custom setup that has worked before, and he was just trying to adapt it to an IS300, but without a lot of Transmission tunnel modification, it just wasnt going to work. Since it will not work, and he doesnt want to cut into the car, we have decided to put the transmission into my car instead.
    Ive already broken one R154 and the current one I have is already on its way out. So Im going to run it till it blows, or until I get this kit together.

Link to his thread - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...sion-swap.html

Now to start with my portion of the trans build. Here's the formula.
    2006 G35 CD009 6 speed Transmission
    Adapter Kit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2JZGTE-2JZ-1...cda30d&vxp=mtr)
    Clutch release bearing adapter: http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...and-cd009.html
    Nissan slip yoke http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...-slipyoke.html
    One Piece custom Driveshaft
    Bell housing 1/2" mill
    Custom Shifter
    Tranny mount adapter
    Miscellaneous Bolts

Currently we have the CD009 Trans. On the left is a W58 on the right is the CD009

Left is CD009 right is W58 (My 600+whp VRT Jetta in the background lol)

Here is the 2JZ to CD009 Adapter plate

Going to work on getting the rest of the kit, and possibly instead of using the colins clutch setup I may just have my own made, but we will see. Id like to get my hands on a twin disc.

This will be on the back burner for a little while till I get the rest of the parts ready, so stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Got the subframe out with the help of my friend Mark. He practically did it himself while I was at work. What a good friend. Took about 2 hours and the hardlines weren't really an issue at all.

Time to install the Condor Subframe riser bushings, diff bushings and RTABs. As well as some SS brake lines. Can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• Q8y_drifter
    replied
    Keep the pics coming

subbed.

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Thanks for the input Ian. Mine keep backing out, but I've ordered a full set of bushings from condor with the risers and the spacers for the diff, with new hardware. It should hopefully stay snug this time.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Bowers
    replied
    Originally posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
    Great idea, has it stayed snug? How much power has it taken?
    It hasn't moved at all. I've blown out a diff bushing, but they're all as tight as the day I installed them. Power hasn't been overkill, around 200whp.

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
    Wow
    So much room without the twins!
    Yea there really is, I've come to realize just how easy the JZ motors are to work on. They are so simple compared to other motors i've messed with.

Leave a comment:

• dmoney(AB)
    replied
    Wow
    So much room without the twins!

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Lots of stuff going on. Pretty much decided to tear the car completely apart and rebuild the entire cars harness from engine, to chassis, to interior. Also rebuilding the subframe with Condor subframe bushings with risers, diff mount, and trailing arm bushings, ECS tuning SS brake lines, and Xcessive solid trans mount. Removed hvac, installing carpet, deck lid, shifter boot, panels, etc. New digital tach, new ebc, installing haltech IACV, new catch can setup with dual -10AN lines, coilpack relocation, coolant hose relocation, vacuum line relocation, fmic relocation, new vbands, fixing oil and coolant leaks, etc etc. Probably forgot a lot of stuff but that's the jist of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361156896130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	7151827

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361156967856.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	7151828

What a mess this is...

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361156995726.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	7151829

Soon it will all be pretty and organized.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361157028447.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	7151830
    Last edited by SLEEPYDUB; 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Time for a new turbo =(
    Or rebuild the 70mm

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360873285390.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7151784

Leave a comment:

• Andrew318is
    replied
    Fucking wicked ass car!(!&$^!*%$^@(*$*(#$%!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    Great idea, has it stayed snug? How much power has it taken?

Leave a comment:

• Ian Bowers
    replied
    Do differential studs, weld the lower studs in and red loctite the top ones, then you can have easier diff removals and use nylocks.

my diff

Leave a comment:

• SLEEPYDUB
    replied
    I jacked the car up and was able to move the subframe up and down with my hands. Those bushings are beyond blown. Diff mount has a huge crack in it allowing it to flex. The RTABs are dry rotted. So I've ordered a few parts from Condor Speed Shop. They wont be in for a few weeks but I ordered the subframe bushings with risers, RTABS, and diff mount.

My stock brakes lines on the passenger side have swollen, not allowing the caliper to depress, thus making the caliper stick and cause the car to pull to the right. So, new SS brakelines on the way as well, anyone have an opinion on the Ireland Engineering ones?

Anyone else have any problems with their diff mounting bolts backing out? Mine get loose after a few hard drifts, I guess I could red thread lock it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X