No announcement yet.

Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great build thread man, very cool way to go 5 lug in the front! Just finished catching up to the present and you've come a long way.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I've read this full thread and all I can say is WOW. The car looks and I bet it feels incredible also driving it. You can see from the pictures, and posts, that you had a lot of effort to put in. I just hope my e30 will look as cool as yours when I'll start to work on it. It's definetly an inspiration. Big props to you man.

Comment

Damn, that momo wheel looks great!
        '91 325i

Comment

Where did you get the 12v switched and ground for the voltage gauge?

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
            Damn, that momo wheel looks great!
            I've got one like that, but a wooden one for sale :ST1G:
            5-lug Kit | E36 & E46 Hub & Brake Adaptor for E30!
            Leave feedback about my transactions!
            sigpic

Comment

Mtech 1 beeld [Highest HP supercharged stock S52 *507whp*]

Originally posted by 350iowner View Post
              Where did you get the 12v switched and ground for the voltage gauge?

The 12V comes from under the dash. It runs to the pin that provides power to the cigarette lighter and power antenna.

Ground is on the e-brake on the end of one of the cables.

I just ran my own wires through there when I did my sub & amp and added some power there because I knew I'd have those gauges.

Comment

good thread, great thread :)
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Do you know off the top of your head if the window switches are 12v switched?

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                    It's an intercooled blower running 15 psi. Using e85 fuel.

I'll get some vids up as soon as I work out the kinks.
                    dude.... I need to see videos and a dyno plot
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Mtech 1 beeld [Highest HP supercharged stock S52 *507whp*]

Originally posted by 350iowner View Post
                      Do you know off the top of your head if the window switches are 12v switched?

I have manual windows but as I recall from my old e30 the windows wouldn't roll up without ignition power.

You should use a dedicated ground for the voltage especially fuel if you run it.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      dude.... I need to see videos and a dyno plot

Working on getting some good footage for video

Last edited by pandaboo911; 03-01-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Holy shit, nice numbers!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post

Working on getting some good footage for video

love it! 200ft/lbs so early! thats awesome!!! great numbers for a blower
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So after running the S/C for a tank of gas with a half assed install, I took everything off for CA shhhhmog and now I'm bolting everything back on, but with PICS this time.
                            I hope you notice I got a DSLR instead of shitty iphone pics

It won't look good but it'll work. That's the motto for my build essentially

Before the tear down.

This motor treated me well NA, but now its time to step up to FI, one last gratuitous shot of the engine bay

I dug out the hardware from the shed and found this.. This happens when you take dissimilar materials, put them in a bag, and add water / heat.

Put on the ODB2 throttle body, it's lower profile and gives me more room for the INTERFOOLER.

Also switching to OBD2 fuel rail since e85 can't corrode stainless steel

done

installed my rebuilt blower motor while I was in there and had room

test fitting the heat exchanger to make brackets. It's a tight fucking fit but it'll work, and I have room to keep my ridiculous 2000CFM fan

a random picture of my cat for your viewing pleasure

S/C mockup

coolant tank and power steering reservoir need to be relocated
                            also the intake behind the headlight is gonna be a tight fucking fit, gonna have to work some magic there

I also finished my e85 storage setup. The nearest e85 stations is 15 minutes from my house. So i got 2 30 gallon barrels and a pump for easy refueling

integrated filter

the whole setup cost me around $120

I'm working on taking more pics and I'll update the thread in steps since there are so many pics

Comment

I don't think I'd be comfy knowing my neighbor had that much fuel just sitting about. Sorry just seen too many oops over the years on news.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                                I don't think I'd be comfy knowing my neighbor had that much fuel just sitting about. Sorry just seen too many oops over the years on news.
                                While I do agree it's a lot of fuel to store, I have taken precautions. The fuel is stored outdoors in the shade and the bungs are sealed with o-rings.

Typically the accidents happen when fuel is stored indoors because vapors build up.

Luckily fuel doesn't spontaneously combust and requires a spark, so the pump and nozzle are grounded to the car before filling. The pump is $400 new and designed for pumping liquid fuel so it's pretty fool proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X