No announcement yet.

318 reborn into e30 335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fired mine up yesterday, sounds awesome with just manifolds. How was the test drive?

Comment

Originally posted by navytapaul View Post
      Fired mine up yesterday, sounds awesome with just manifolds. How was the test drive?
      it was fun! I bet these sound nasty with straight pipes all the way back.

My plan for the exhaust is to run the two pipes together, then run a single pipe to a high flow cat that I have, then to my supersprint muffler.

I still need to have the car pass emissions, so hopefully this will do it.

There may or may not be a number of new black lines on the pavement in my neighborhood.

We must have done something right with the wiring too, cause all my gauges that didnt work with the m42, now work on the m30. Like the temp, economy gauge, speedo, etc.
      1991 335is in progress

Comment

We got all of my gauges working too, I must admit I was happy as hell when it started. I'm going to use e34 downpipes to a y then a single 2.5" to a glasspack and muffler for now.

Here's a short vid of the second start:

Comment

Awesome man! You are going to love the way the motor pulls.
          1991 335is in progress

Comment

Some pics of positions and clearances for navytapaul.

1991 335is in progress

Comment

Please excuse all the random wires and masking tape. Its still needs a lot of finishing.
              1991 335is in progress

Comment

Yep, have mine in the wrong position. Guess I'll be moving it back this weekend.

Comment

I did the same thing. It took hours to keep moving the engine and hammering then test fitting, them moving it again and hammering. I had to do this a number of times.
                  1991 335is in progress

Comment

Lovely. I noticed that it's all pretty much behind the head and the top bolt of the trans

Comment

Originally posted by navytapaul View Post
                      Lovely. I noticed that it's all pretty much behind the head and the top bolt of the trans
                      yep. I used a large pry bar to "open up" the area were the trans tunnel meets the firewall. There may also be a part of the engine block that sticks way out on the drivers side that will hit. I saw no use for the part and cut it off since it was easier than trying to hammer some clearance in.
                      1991 335is in progress

Comment

I did some of that last night. Gonna pull it again this weekend and do more with the motor pulled

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

1991 335is in progress

Comment

Just opened the DME and found that I have a turner motorsports/ conforti chip already installed. Woohoo
                            1991 335is in progress

Comment

Chance your build thread is amazing. Good work too. Im wanting to do a clean swap like this as well. Glad to know that there is some one local that can help me with pointers

Comment

Originally posted by jbright407 View Post
                                Chance your build thread is amazing. Good work too. Im wanting to do a clean swap like this as well. Glad to know that there is some one local that can help me with pointers
                                Thanks!

It really wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Especially considering this is my first swap.

Let me know if you ever have any questions
                                1991 335is in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X