318 reborn into e30 335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    Yeah no one really makes custom length dssrs for m30 swaps so maybe you could fill that place unit the market
    Shipping this one out today!

1991 335is in progress

Comment

What size was that bronze sleeve u pushed into the t joint?

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
        What size was that bronze sleeve u pushed into the t joint?
        IIRC it was 5/8 solid rod that I turned down, then drilled the 10mm hole for for the pin.
        1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Love your build and your fabrication skills :) I will be following your thread to a T since I am going to be installing an M30 in my vert as next project.
          Thanks Denny! Let me know if there is anything I can help with.
          1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
            IIRC it was 5/8 solid rod that I turned down, then drilled the 10mm hole for for the pin.
            Thanks! One more question, how did you remove the rubber bushing? Burning it?

-NICK

Comment

Is that one for me Zach?
              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                Thanks! One more question, how did you remove the rubber bushing? Burning it?
                Drilled it out on a mill.

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                Is that one for me Zach?
                Yep!
                1991 335is in progress

Comment

I havent forgotten about you guys, but unfortunately I have only one pic to share at the moment.

Shift feel is awesome! I will have to get a vid of how little the shifter wiggles now. No more questionable shifts like when I first bought the car.

Also, I feel like my m30 is down on power a bit. There was one time I was giving my friend a ride, and at about 5k it all of a sudden jumped into more power. It was so much of a difference that my friend jokingly said "V-tech kicked in yo!"

I know my plug wires are in shit condition, so once I have some money, they will be the first thing replaced. But if there are any free things I can check out, let me know.

All vacuum lines are new and spark plugs are new
                  1991 335is in progress

Comment

Shipping this one out today!

thats looks stupid beefy damn thing will never break
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                      thats looks stupid beefy damn thing will never break
                      Thats the goal! I could turn the center part down or machine a flat on the bottom for anyone who needs extra clearance for the guys with the really short shifters.
                      1991 335is in progress

Comment

This is pretty cool! Wish that us Californians were allowed to m30 swap our late 318i's.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Also, I feel like my m30 is down on power a bit. There was one time I was giving my friend a ride, and at about 5k it all of a sudden jumped into more power. It was so much of a difference that my friend jokingly said "V-tech kicked in yo!"

I know my plug wires are in shit condition, so once I have some money, they will be the first thing replaced. But if there are any free things I can check out, let me know.

All vacuum lines are new and spark plugs are new

Anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking at first?
                          1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            This is pretty cool! Wish that us Californians were allowed to m30 swap our late 318i's.
                            you can if the motor was built after 91 you can swap it 535s where made until like 93-94 i think and 735s where made till 94
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking at first?
                              I'm not sure how dramatic it is in your case but that sounds pretty typical for an m30. Mine does the same thing around 4000 RPM. When was your last valve adjustment?
                              $500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
                                I'm not sure how dramatic it is in your case but that sounds pretty typical for an m30. Mine does the same thing around 4000 RPM. When was your last valve adjustment?
                                If the po wasnt bullshitting me, then it would have been about 1000 miles ago. Some of his info has been wrong. But there not any valvetrain noise. Ive been meaning to check them though.

I know this engine has some small surges in the power band, but that one incident of powergain seemed electrically caused.
                                1991 335is in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X