Comment

Yay motor!

Comment

Yay progress!

Comment

At this rate your gonna beat me dude

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

sooooo ,lets drive to the Picnic NEXT year?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

picnic 2017 woop woop

also I got the rear bumper assembled!

then I tried to put it on and it slipped and scratched the fucking paint. 2 lessons:

- put tape over the paint in places where it can get fucked up
              - have a friend help install bulky parts

anyway yeah. I've also now got a motor, a flywheel, a clutch/pp, a driveshaft, a shift linkage, a harness, a 318is wiring cover, and a pile of other crap. the main problem is all this crap is piled around the car, which makes working on it difficult.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                picked this up today, just for you :p

grey market slicktop 528i with most of a M535 swapped into it, last registered in 2006... The interior, bumpers and lights are going to the M5, my friend is getting the dogleg, dirty B34 and S3.46.
                heeeeeeey that thing looks familiar!

Comment

After a long time avoiding it, I finally got some work done! Namely, put in the mirrors, gutter trim, lower chrome trim, rear quarter windows, door locks door cards, rear window, parcel shelf, 3rd brake light, rear seat and seat belts.

Here's four fun differences in really early e30s: the rear seat belts are backwards from later models (middle belt buckle is on passenger side), and have different receivers that are not cross-compatible. The belts are also anchored on the c-pillars rather than just sliding over plastic things on the parcel shelf. The seat bottom bolts in instead of snapping down. Finally, the sheet metal under the parcel shelf is entirely different than any other one I've seen, and does not accept premium speakers unless you mount them backwards.

Upcoming, putting in the dash, windshield, chrome lockstrips, and starting in on engine bay degreasing. I've got another project going, which is parked next to this one, and I'm aiming to do similar jobs to both cars at the same time, while I have all the tools and remember wtf I'm doing.
                  Last edited by kronus; 09-27-2015, 09:27 PM.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Any tips for putting the trims back on? I've gotta tackle this my self and am dreading it

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

For the gutter trim, you pretty much have to place it on the rail and fold the entire piece down. Mine was very difficult in a few places, so I grabbed an old t-shirt and some pliers and carefully folded it down using those.

For the quarter windows, get a swear jar. Fuck those things.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Here's four fun differences in really early e30s: the rear seat belts are backwards from later models (middle belt buckle is on passenger side), and have different receivers that are not cross-compatible. The belts are also anchored on the c-pillars rather than just sliding over plastic things on the parcel shelf. The seat bottom bolts in instead of snapping down. Finally, the sheet metal under the parcel shelf is entirely different than any other one I've seen, and does not accept premium speakers unless you mount them backwards..
                        Thats funny because my 84 has Premium speakers added (the right way), bottom seat has the snap-in pieces but still has the weird seat belt anchoring points on the c-pillar and the strange back panel.. They must've been slowly transitioning things out
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

weird!

I've actually never seen another bottom seat that bolts in like mine.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

For the gutter trim, you pretty much have to place it on the rail and fold the entire piece down. Mine was very difficult in a few places, so I grabbed an old t-shirt and some pliers and carefully folded it down using those.

For the quarter windows, get a swear jar. Fuck those things.

Haha thank god my window trims stayed in the quarters I just gotta get it back in.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

you'll still need a swear jar
                              cars beep boop

Comment

you'll still need a swear jar
                                the way this car is going to gether i will need like 7 haha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X