6/83 grey market 323i.. mtech I S50 5-lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit!

If it's virgin r12 I know a guy that will take it out for you. He filled up my evacuated my old r12 system and refilled it. He'll probably do it for less than $100, if not free since he keeps the r12. He's located in redwood city.

Comment

Yeah, it's the original stuff. Mind sharing the guy's info?
      cars beep boop

Comment

PM'd

Comment

Damn. Pure eye candy. Just gorgeous dude
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I like how you are finding a way to get the r12 out safely. Unless your a shop and have a machine to do it. People around he just crack that shit open and walk away. Im guilty of this my self haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

wtf do you do whit r12 nowadays. people say its worth money but ive yet to see a buyer, buddy still has had the same NOS cans sitting in the same spot since i was a kid.

Comment

Stuff is seriously bad for the ozone layer.
                Oh wait CO2 is not a problem and global warming is a hoax
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  Stuff is seriously bad for the ozone layer.
                  Oh wait CO2 is not a problem and global warming is a hoax
                  hahahahahaha
                  1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

What are you using for centercaps on the Weds? I have the same set, but in gold, and the original weds centercaps are really tall, it makes it look like I have locking hubs or something...

Your car looks fantastic by the way!

1999 Alpinweiß M3
                    1991 Alpinweiß 318is
                    1991 Alpinweiß 318i

Comment

thanks!

I'm using some crummy fake-CF plastic centercaps from an E36 M3 I owned once.. they're probably going to fall out once the wheels heat up enough to soften the plastic tabs that hold them in. Until then, however, they fit perfectly.

Agreed on original weds caps. I didn't get them with my wheels, but I've seen them around and they make the car look like an Oregon Trail wagon.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by ghostbear777 View Post
                        wtf do you do whit r12 nowadays. people say its worth money but ive yet to see a buyer, buddy still has had the same NOS cans sitting in the same spot since i was a kid.
                        Serious, I know a few shop owners that would love the stuff. Not small bottles Talking shop size so the can properly fill systems.

R12 still works very effectively and heck I'd love to have a working ac system in my E30 m3.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

R12 actually gets colder then the new stuff its just the HVac systems back then sucked so it was hard to tell. R12 in a sealed up hvac system like we have in todays cars would freeze your ass off.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

bump for slow but continuous progress

got the oil pan baffle welded in, installed pan on motor. it's ready for transmission mounting.

started preparing my 944 booster - rod got ground down, threaded down all the way.

engine bay work is progressing. it sucks.

cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              R12 actually gets colder then the new stuff its just the HVac systems back then sucked so it was hard to tell. R12 in a sealed up hvac system like we have in todays cars would freeze your ass off.
                              Can confirm, my 735's r12 system gets cold as fuck and the compressor is 30 years old. Still, it's bad stuff. There's a reason it's not used anymore.

I swapped everything over to 134a on my e30 with a parallel flow condenser & SPAL fan, and it's just as cold.

Did Dino get your r12 evacuated?

Comment

6/83 grey market 323i.. mtech I S50 5-lug

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                                Can confirm, my 735's r12 system gets cold as fuck and the compressor is 30 years old. Still, it's bad stuff. There's a reason it's not used anymore.

I swapped everything over to 134a on my e30 with a parallel flow condenser & SPAL fan, and it's just as cold.

Did Dino get your r12 evacuated?

Yes when r12 hits the atmosphere and evaporates the fumes it gives off is the same as Agent Orange used back in Nam

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X