No announcement yet.

Intro: (another) E30 LS3M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vids are probably a week out. Lots of little things to finish up..

Originally posted by F34R View Post
    More of the Rx7 please.
    You bet, here are some random shots:

Comment

Very nice build you are a true craftsman.
      Imported from Detroit

Comment

How much space do you have between the back of the heads and the firewall?

Comment

Cheers! I received some questions on my radiator and intake setup. Hopefully these pics clear it up. The radiator is mounted on a sub-frame that is removed with 4 bolts and slides in and out from the bottom. In the pics below, the sub-frame is grey. It is space limited so you have to get creative with fittings, hose routing, radiator mounting, and ducting.

Originally posted by kristov View Post
          How much space do you have between the back of the heads and the firewall?
          Pretty roomy in the back, 2 1/2-3":

Hope this helps!

Comment

Wow, that RX 7 has me forgetting about the e30 m3. Very nice

Comment

Holy shit man, what an amazing car!

Comment

Your are killing them all with that, very nice!!!

Can you tell me what size is that mid single pipe going to muffler?

Comment

Very nice and well built. No expense saved here. Wish I had the funding to do a car like this. Is this the M3 Igor is doing the wiring on by any chance? If not then there are now 2 LS powered M3s in my area. Hope to see you around the bay area some time when I get back from WA.
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

awesome car mate!

how is the racepak iq3 dash? i tried googleing diy for it but none and im confused how it works, do you plugg it into the ecu ? i have seen some work with the haltech standalone.
                    does the dash come with a harness and you just splice and connect like a stack dash?
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

I like what you've done, hard to tell what you did with the air filter though.

Car looks sick, I'm sure it's too much for whatever rubber you are running...got any plans for traction?

Comment

Good God, what a tremendous car!! Love what you've done with the intake.

On another note, the body on that RX-7! :o
                        Bronzit '84 Euro 320i

Comment

Nate! I wondered what gnarly vehicle you would build next..guess you can't kick the LS habit eh? :D The M3 looks great man, nicely done.

Nate is a terribly modest fellow, so I'll talk him up a bit; the RX7 was initially built from a bone-stock automatic car, entirely in a small garage, and 99% by himself. I'm sure the M3 has a ton of small custom touches that have to be seen to be truly appreciated. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by cagedbunny View Post
                            Nate! I wondered what gnarly vehicle you would build next..guess you can't kick the LS habit eh? The M3 looks great man, nicely done.
                            Adam, small fricken world man! Good to hear from you! Are you still rocking the miata?

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                            I like what you've done, hard to tell what you did with the air filter though.

Car looks sick, I'm sure it's too much for whatever rubber you are running...got any plans for traction?
                            Cheers! The filter is hiding behind the bumper. You can see the base of it through the SS mesh in the shot above. Traction, yes, challenged. Right now I'm counting on R compounds to keep it planted, which do surprisingly well.

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post
                            awesome car mate!

how is the racepak iq3 dash? i tried googleing diy for it but none and im confused how it works, do you plugg it into the ecu ? i have seen some work with the haltech standalone.
                            does the dash come with a harness and you just splice and connect like a stack dash?
                            The dash is pretty sweet, very readable, built in gear indicator, shift lights, etc. I have it running off a secondary set of sensors for redundancy. It comes with a basic harness for +/-/trigger/gnd and then you have the choice of running racepak's proprietary vnet sensors or universal modules that take any input. I went universal with 8 inputs. So far it's mph, rpm, oilT&P, H20T, Diff Temp, Tranny Temp.

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                            Very nice and well built. No expense saved here. Wish I had the funding to do a car like this. Is this the M3 Igor is doing the wiring on by any chance? If not then there are now 2 LS powered M3s in my area. Hope to see you around the bay area some time when I get back from WA.
                            Cheers! The cost is mostly time with this car. I think a similar build with fewer bells and whistles could be achieved ~10k. Just a lot of time...

Maybe I'm the 2nd! The wiring was all Holley and my messes.

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
                            Your are killing them all with that, very nice!!!

Can you tell me what size is that mid single pipe going to muffler?
                            She's got a single 3" in the back. Debating going bigger to quiet it down...

Comment

Do you have a part number for the radiator?

Are you running without the MAF?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                                hard to tell what you did with the air filter though.
                                Here you go, a little more visible. It's snug-

Comment

Working...
                                X