No announcement yet.

Intro: (another) E30 LS3M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers! The cost is mostly time with this car. I think a similar build with fewer bells and whistles could be achieved ~10k. Just a lot of time...

Maybe I'm the 2nd! The wiring was all Holley and my messes.
    This is the other one I know of. Dont have many details though as it was at my friends shop while I was out of town, so I never had a chance to go check it out.

sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

That car belongs to lsm3 he lives in Sacramento. Believe he just finished it not too long ago. Nate who tuned yours? I need to get dyno tuned..
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
      LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
      Build Thread
      1993 alpine 2 325IC
      •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

That makes sens as Catunes is in Sacramento. Didn't know lsm3 lived out there though. Hope I get to see his car some times soon.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
          It's mostly a time issue for me. Hard to balance work, life, family, race car habit...
          I hear that. Juggling priorities..

Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
          That car belongs to lsm3 he lives in Sacramento. Believe he just finished it not too long ago. Nate who tuned yours? I need to get dyno tuned..
          Beautiful car there!

I went the Holley EFI route for tuning. I highly recommend it. I got tired of paying tuners to chase peak power only to be left with a mess in the midrange. The Holley system uses your defined AFR and timing maps as inputs and then "self tunes". Basically it's changing your fuel map on the fly as you drive, under load. You can pick how aggressively it makes the changes, and the ranges of load, rpm, temps, etc that you want it to focus on. It took less than an hour to get it driving, then it just hones in on your AFR.

It also has built in traction control functionality, E85 controls, etc. Load a safe tune for the track, a fun tune for hooning about back roads, and an economy tune for road trips all at the touch of a button (well, LCD icon). I'll only be going to the dyno for bragging rights now...

Here is a good little write up on the system: http://www.johnnycichowski.com/2011/...ey-hp-efi.html

Comment

Damn ill have to look into that.. Wonder if the harness setup I have would plug and play... Thanks for the info/compliment!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
            LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
            Build Thread
            1993 alpine 2 325IC
            •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
              Damn ill have to look into that.. Wonder if the harness setup I have would plug and play... Thanks for the info/compliment!
              It's a great bit of kit, and if you do the math it virtually pays for itself in dyno tuning cost savings. It's easy to change any setting, watch what's going on, log data, etc. Super convenient!

I think you have to get the Holley harness. It's a proprietary plug setup on the ECU. That said they have a basic harness that gets you from the ECU to pig tails with defined pin-outs.

Comment

Long time no post! Thought you guys might enjoy a low quality video from LS in May: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPkXqiC938
                Last edited by naterry; 07-02-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

awesome! Looks like a monster that reeled in anything in front of eat
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                  X