damn sick cars!

Comment

dat m3 :puppy:

*scroll scroll scroll*

dat ls3 :eeek:

*scroll scroll*

DAT FD

Comment

Cheers, and thanks for the kind words! I'll post some more pics shortly.

The radiator is actually an FD unit, 3-pass. I like it because it's short and doesn't have a cap. 12x24, the same one is in the LS7 FD. Space is scarce in the front so I angled the radiator and mounted it as far forward as possible on another subframe.

The build was really a sprint in the evenings spread over two job and shop changes. -Meant to post sooner... But glad to finally have it rolling!

Comment

No cooling issues with it? Have you road raced the rx7 with that unit?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
              No cooling issues with it? Have you road raced the rx7 with that unit?
              Yep, it's good. Ducting the radiator and correctly exhausting the engine bay are key. The FD (590whp) saw every event for 3+ years with many August Thunderhill events with 100+ deg track temps, and a few idling in summer traffic times too.

Comment

Do you have any miles on the e30 yet? I'm skeptical of radiator efficiency but believe your experiences, just seems small to cool that big motor. Most swaps run larger setups, even stock ls motor cars have bigger radiators. Working on one myself and the radiator has been a sticky point for me recently
                Last edited by 1990m3; 04-01-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                  Do you have any miles on the e30 yet? I'm skeptical of radiator efficiency but believe your experiences, just seems small to cool that big motor. Most swaps run larger setups, even stock ls motor cars have bigger radiators. Working on one myself and the radiator has been a sticky point for me recently
                  I hear you. Seems small.

Just passed 500mi on the E30. Cruising temps ~190, and city stop and go ~215. It will run a bit cooler still when I get the splitter/undertray done as well.

The little rad handles the LS7 FD like a champ (427ci). Ducting is key; completely boxing in the entrance and then an undertray that extends to the rear of the motor. So a smaller radiator is possible if it is efficient.

Comment

Oh my god!!
                    1991 318i Slicktop - Sold
                    1991 325ix - Sold
                    1997 Estoril M3 Coupe - Sold
                    1986 325es - RIP
                    1997 328is - Sold
                    1995 Avus M3

instagram @MattLarzz

//M42 GOON-SQUAD
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281596

Comment

Godamnit! Im quiting life. Your to awesome

Comment

Mo Mazda pix!i

Comment

WOW! very nice, what kind of diff is that, and what suspension are you running. Car looks perferct!

Comment

Originally posted by naterry View Post
                            I hear you. Seems small.

Just passed 500mi on the E30. Cruising temps ~190, and city stop and go ~215. It will run a bit cooler still when I get the splitter/undertray done as well.

The little rad handles the LS7 FD like a champ (427ci). Ducting is key; completely boxing in the entrance and then an undertray that extends to the rear of the motor. So a smaller radiator is possible if it is efficient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LLaWe0Yi8
                            do you think on track having an intake and oil cooler stealing some air from the radiator will affect cooling?

The car looks awesome by the way -- definitely inspiring as I think it looks much cleaner than some of the other swaps I've seen pics of.

I'm also on the fence about the y-pipe exhaust or duals. Any thoughts? Obviously the single y-pipe style is better for clearance and the duals sounds better, aside from that in the 350-450hp power levels I'm not sure there is much of an advantage to duals.

Comment

Who makes the long tubes and how did they fit? Nice work
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
                              LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
                              Build Thread
                              1993 alpine 2 325IC
                              •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

wow

Comment

Working...
                                X