Salvaged 325e turned drift car?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvaged 325e turned drift car?!

I bought my first e30 about a year ago and I truly fell in love with bmws. 3 series most specifically. A 1986 325e with 209,xxx miles on it.

I've had 3 cars prior to this, none with as many miles as my bimmer though. Funny thing is that it drove the best out of all of them. Only thing I had to replace a few months after acquiring the car was a bad slave cylinder.

About a week after I got the car...

Ever since then I've been doing little things to the car. Nothing super major though due to my lack of space to work on the car and my lack of knowledge working on cars. Lucky for me Ive made some super good friends this past year that've taught me a lot about e30's, bmw's and cars in general.

A few months ago I was rear ended by a mustang.

All that was done before the accident was my sparco sprint junior bucket seat , a 2 inch pipe welded from my cat, back, my cut eibachs in the rear and my heated front springs... Remember earlier when I mentioned my lack of knowledge? Yeah. Worst decision I've made with the e30 this far was definitely trying to just look low and completely neglecting the handling of the car.

Anyways...

So there I was. A salvaged car that I would get nothing back for if i even tried to sell it. A talked with a few of my buddies and we discussed options. I've always wanted to start drifting and here was my opportunity.

Drift missile!

So then it began...

Hammered the huge dent out to the best of my ability in my autoshop class with a buddy and pulled some early model lights out of a donor car at pick a part. I figure when the time is right, i head to a pick a part, grab a new trunk and sawzall a trunk panel off another e30, cut mine out as well, and weld the non damaged one up. :mrgreen:

Not too shabby for a 20 minute pound with the good old rubber mallet.

First things first... Getting off my shitty, horrible, bouncy, ricer suspension set up...

Waiting on my BC racing type br coilovers to arrive...

Next was an angle kit. Most definitely. Of course I went SLR.

The amount of adjustability had me sold.

I plan on lowering my steering column in the future. I'm 6'1 so when I'm driving the e30, it feels like I'm driving an 18 wheeler.

So thinking ahead, I went with a nrg detachable wheel setup. (that and I kinda live in the ghetto... Sisters honda accord was stolen 2 times in 2 months and my sister and my dad caught some crack whore trying to steal my dads truck... Anything to steer thieves away from my ugly car!)

Next was a differential!

2.93 open coming out before the 4.10 lsd was installed...

My buddy andrew helped me install the 4.10. First time swapping a diff for me so we took our time..basked in our cars awesomeness. His m30's at his shop getting built to hang at 40psi! Monster!

While we were there conversing about our cars, he mentioned some wheels with tires he was looking to get rid of... he gave me an offer I couldn't refuse...

15x8 et20 tf motorsports with 215's up front and 225's in the rear.

I expected 8 wide would look pretty meaty but now I want 15x10s!
    :twisted:

I guess I should probably work on being able to break those 8's loose for now though

Which leads me to my desired engine setup!

I want torque and I want it cheap!

Ford EFI 302 5.0 v8 with gt40 heads, e303 cam, and some shorty headers dumped right out of the fenders on each side

The plan is once I get comfortable with my angle kit and my coil overs and I really feel the need for more power once my driving skills are assessed, the swap will begin.

There will be some miscellaneous things being done along the way as well.

I'm moving to las vegas this month with my girlfriend in a tiny apartment which means a tiny garage to go along with it. I'm going to try my very best to fit all my tools and the car in there without any issues. My girlfriend's mom Ok'd me storing my trailer at their house in the side yard so I'm pretty stoked on that.

Going to get the rest of this pro am vegasdrift season practicing on the beginners grid for some much needed seat time. The offseason should be pretty busy getting the car ready for 2014 competition. I plan on making it to a few top drift events for the 2014 season as well.

As I wait for my coilovers and angle kit to get here, i can't help myself but to hit the track so this thursday for the first time I will be at adams motorsports park in riverside for some seat time. Hopefully I can get a couple good vids and photos for you guys.

Thanks for checking out my thread!
    ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

sucks about the accident but glad you are making the most of it.
    Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Very very nice! i like it, good save one it!
      sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
      1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
      1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
      1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
      (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
      1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
      2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
      2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

I like dorifto.

I like drift sluts.

I like Ford small blocks.

I like e30's.

I like red e30's.

This is a good build. Continue as you may.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Thank you!
          ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

You just made my life. Thats my life in a nutshell... lol
            ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy709 View Post
              You just made my life. Thats my life in a nutshell... lol
              Let's be friends

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                I like dorifto.

I like drift sluts.

I like Ford small blocks.

I like e30's.

I like red e30's.

This is a good build. Continue as you may.
                did you buy the guide from e30v8?
                ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Let's be friends

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! Why did you go carb'd? I thought it was efi??!
                  ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

did you buy the guide from e30v8?
                    The guide, oil pan and engine mounts. Made my own solid mount trans mount.

Warning: Solid driveline mounts on old, cam'd v8 + fixed back buckets = tingly buttocks.

Go here be happy!

Comment

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! Why did you go carb'd? I thought it was efi??!
                      Naw, always been carb'd. Well, the engine originally was EFI, but it's simpler for me and the guy before me was running it as well.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Wait just a gosh darn second... this is you...

ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Naw, always been carb'd. Well, the engine originally was EFI, but it's simpler for me and the guy before me was running it as well.
                          ohh alright, i see...
                          ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Wait just a gosh darn second... this is you...

http://youtu.be/_7tMPw9lF-w
                            Maybe

Anyway, enough of my fooling around in your thread.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me, glad to help.

I'll be watching this thread until then. Best of luck!

Go here be happy!

Comment

Maybe

Anyway, enough of my fooling around in your thread.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me, glad to help.

I'll be watching this thread until then. Best of luck!
                              I appreciate it. thank you!
                              ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Working...
                              X