Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 89 325is head first dive (NEW BUILD PG.13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
    17's are pretty big for my taste, if you're in to the look go for it! At that price it'd be hard to pass up.

And with little work they'll look nice! Are they hubcentric at 57.1mm? (neon colors??? :twisted: )
    Yeah they would just be waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles around wheels until i get the wheels i really want (ESM 002 or 3SDM) (:

Gonna go 16x9 rear and 16x8 front

Just ordered my Metric Blue Head bolts (part number is 91303A306) @ McMaster.com

Im getting excited :D
    1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
    1988 325IS *DAILY*
    Old Build - My 89 325is head first dive

Comment

I like the plan for rims!

Oof metric blue, one area you might wanna splurge is on the arp studs, especially with this nice engine

My Transaction Feedback
      My "build" thread
      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

I like the plan for rims!

Oof metric blue, one area you might wanna splurge is on the arp studs, especially with this nice engine
        Dude lmfao (splurge) first time i heard that word was today at walmart, where i finally after holding off, i SPLURGED and bought 2 jack stands and a jack from wally world

Got all my brakes and lines off ready for the new shit! will post pics tomorrow after work!

Cant wait for my 1100 dollar order of parts comes in, my front lawn is going to be covered in boxes!!!!!
        1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
        1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

That’s exciting! You doing any hard lines? Or at least taking some rust prevention measures?

I know what you mean about jackstands.. if it makes you feel better I’m broke but I’ve got 8 of them now. I had to buy 4 more down on my internship even though I had 4 good ones on the other side of the country!

Some big boxes all over your lawn? We got a Johnny Tran over here! I hear a couple of Nissan sr20’s would pull a premium the week before race wars

My Transaction Feedback
          My "build" thread
          BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Oh hey, through the grip royal wheel, how well can you see the gauges? I’m gonna put mine in eventually. And for the hub are you using a momo hub? Did that hub move the wheel forward or backward from the original position?

My Transaction Feedback
            My "build" thread
            BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Oh hey, through the grip royal wheel, how well can you see the gauges? I’m gonna put mine in eventually. And for the hub are you using a momo hub? Did that hub move the wheel forward or backward from the original position?
              LOL!

I can see gauges fine! I actually half ass my hub, from that totaled miata i had a hub that came in the mail the day after i totaled it... was for the grip royal...

So i took the hub and tappered the inside of it and tightened it down to the spine in column, kinda ghetto as all hell and unsafe i guess but its tight and i dont want to spent 50 bucks on a cheap ass hub from ebay, the miata one was like 12 shipped lol

What can i say, im cheap about cheap parts lol
              1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
              1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

UPDATE: 6/20/2013

Surprisingly i got my Metric Blue head bolts in today, i ordered them last night lol, but today i started to break down into cleaning and some touching up

Todays Project:
                took apart the steering rack to be rebuilt and cleaned and PS delete
                re painted the block in a nice gunmetal, looks niceeeee with the flakes
                re painted all the black splash guard
                took apart my rear brake calipers to rebuild them

the downside is my driver rear caliper when i was hammering to get the piston out i got frustrated after using a mallet i went to a nail hammer with a few swings and broke the mounting part of the caliper off

So now i have to order alllll new rear calipers, id rather have 2 new than 1 new and 1 cleaned...

But all is going smooth for the most part, hopefully by the end of the day i will get my windhsield out lol

PICS :D

Insta pic...

Truck bed liner engine bay looks super good!!

OLD PAINT

NEW PAINT

Decided after all my hard work today and running around town for parts ill take some relax time in our pool on inter coastal (NC)

Also this dope ass Honda CB, it was featured in a magazine a few years back, it was in a kitrell's shop (CarQuest) the manager bought it years ago and decided to put it on the sales floor for marketing lol i want it soooooo bad!!!
                1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Man I ordered bolts from mcmaster a few days ago and they came really quick too! They must be on their game with metric socket head bolts!

You got a nice piece of land there, and that bike is sweet!

Oh and I like the color of your block, really classy

My Transaction Feedback
                  My "build" thread
                  BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Man I ordered bolts from mcmaster a few days ago and they came really quick too! They must be on their game with metric socket head bolts!

You got a nice piece of land there, and that bike is sweet!

Oh and I like the color of your block, really classy
                    Thanks bud, just moved out here cuz my moms new job, place is beatiful but soooo boring for a 19yr old and i dont know a single person out here haha everyone is tourists..

just wait till you see my subframe (;
                    1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                    1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Man I know what you mean, moving to a new place sucks when you're not 21. I'm 20 and just moved down to houston for an internship, luckily I got r3v down here!

My Transaction Feedback
                      My "build" thread
                      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Damn, thats sick, i want to get out of NC i think, not sure, my main focus is this E30 <3

UPDATE: 06/21/2013

Got some new things done this past 2 days!

Decided while im waiting on parts and what not ill drop my subframe and clean and repaint it and my control arms....

also took apart my steering rack cleaned and painted it as well :D they look amazing...

BTW can anyone tell me the best front bushings to get, replacing them all so, i need better than stock but not expensive, poly control arm bushings are like 70 bucks... ):

I also got my Metric Blue head bolts from McMasters the next morning after i ordered them lol seems legit..

Finally removing my busted up windshield, found them new for 122 shipped (:

Also got my new M-Tech 6 bumper kit on took forever....

Painted and rebuilt rack (waiting for boots and gaskets)

Metric Blues!

And this is my suspension setup LOL
                        It is lowering springs for the rear of an 88 integra on the front of the e30
                        Monroe senstrac shocks just until i build my coilovers with ground control :D

Sits super low, removed the pads, and engine and tranny arent even in yet hahaha

EMPTY

1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                        1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Man overnight is some really fast shipping haha, do they have a warehouse near you?
                          I remember back when I lived in ct, bavauto could get stuff to my door the next day usually.

What's mtech 6??

And did you get an e36 rack? Coming from a miata, you're gonna hate that stock steering haha

My Transaction Feedback
                          My "build" thread
                          BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Man overnight is some really fast shipping haha, do they have a warehouse near you?
                            I remember back when I lived in ct, bavauto could get stuff to my door the next day usually.

What's mtech 6??

And did you get an e36 rack? Coming from a miata, you're gonna hate that stock steering haha
                            LOL i was just messin with the MTECH 6, the carboard on my bumpers from re painting my trim hahaha

But im not sure, when i ordered like 300 bolts and nuts form mcmaster for my gotti wheels they came next day as well lol

And yeha i heard about the e30 steering rack, but no mine is stock e30 rack rebuilt with new tie rods, hopefully soon after it is running and on some wheels ill get the z3 or e36 rack, i also decided NOT to delete my PS, its gonna suck with no ac, solid mount all around and stiff suspension hahaha
                            1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                            1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Yeah I've driven e30's without PS, obviously when its moving its fine, but backing in to parking spaces is an absolute bitch

You're definitely taking good care of this car!

My Transaction Feedback
                              My "build" thread
                              BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

I have gotten alot of work done this week, i will post pics tomorrow!

Getting my shipment of 75 parts tomorrow :D

But today i may have broken the back metal plate that holds the rear crank seal by messing up the sidewall of where the seal sits against it, will take to machine shop tomorrow to ask if still usable...

Also broke a new crank seal i had trying to get it in so now i have to order a new one of those and have someone who has some special ass tool to put them in they are a pain in the ass and very fragile...

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day...
                                1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                                1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Working...
                                X