Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 89 325is head first dive (NEW BUILD PG.13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saturnv7890 View Post
    If I need a new one I'll go TCD, this one's a little heavier than I'm used to, and theres not much room for slipping, its more on-off. Fine for me but sometimes passengers don't like it. It'll probably get better once I start DDing the car.

Problem with TCD is it's expensive as shit, and all my opinions of that are purely based on hearsay. Spec is good, holds power, takes a decent amount of getting used to though
    Yeah i think im just gonna go ahead and get the SPEC clutch lol, solid mounts all the way around, stiff suspension, and no sound deadening i think my passengers will already hate it, and no AC lol :D

ill clutch kit the shit out of it as soon as motor is broken in, break in the clutch too lol jk
    1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
    1988 325IS *DAILY*
    Old Build - My 89 325is head first dive

Comment

Clutch kick on first startup, great for breaking in everything!!

My Transaction Feedback
      My "build" thread
      BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Clutch kick on first startup, great for breaking in everything!!
        lmfao....

I finally got around to cleaning the shit out of my oil pan today and painted it put it on, then realized when i turned the block over... no pistons/rods lol damnit! :(
        1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
        1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Well i got paid again! and just spent all of it, for the last seven months i have spent maybe a thousand on myself between smokes and food, the rest is all e30 parts.... everything is new, EVERYTHING!

gonna be one reliable ass e30 thats for sure...
          1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
          1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

It definitely will be a nice e30, I wish mine was gonna be remotely close to what yours will be!

Have you given any thought to your FI setup yet?

My Transaction Feedback
            My "build" thread
            BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

It definitely will be a nice e30, I wish mine was gonna be remotely close to what yours will be!

Have you given any thought to your FI setup yet?
              Lol thanks bud, you seem to be the only follow my build anymore for some reason haha

But yeah i want 60lbs injectors for when i go boost but the way the paychecks from the aquarium look ill have to go with some used 24lbs and maybe a nice FPR
              1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
              1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

That's quite the band-aid, make sure to run a good wideband at the very least

Yeah I'm not sure why more people aren't interested!

My Transaction Feedback
                My "build" thread
                BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Yeah once i get the motor in and set ill get the gauges, interior is literally 99% all the way through so once the motor is in i can focus on the wheels and get rid of my honda lowering springs and make the custom coil overs out of the stock tubes :D

All my parts are on their way to finish it and picking up an intake manifold tonight, not sure what color to paint it.... Any ideas?
                  1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                  1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Pita

this would only happen to me... bran new tool from Auto(shit)Zone and it doesnt sit correctly against the top of the cylinder so it made the ring come out and bend, another week and more money for a new tool and ring, ughhh!

:hitler::hitler::hitler::curse::curse::curse:

1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                    1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

I know those feelings all too well. Although mine are a bit more minor 9broken bolts and stripped stuff).

Keep it up, you still have a lot of work ahead of you, but you wouldn't have dived in head first if you didn't think you could swim, right?
                      '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                        I know those feelings all too well. Although mine are a bit more minor 9broken bolts and stripped stuff).

Keep it up, you still have a lot of work ahead of you, but you wouldn't have dived in head first if you didn't think you could swim, right?
                        Yeah it was kinda shitty :/ i ended up using that ring after all, my buddy who went to UTI looked at it said as long as it isnt crimped and that mine was fine, that was cylinder 5... then cylinder 6 came along and that POS autozone ring compressor obliterated both the oil rings on the 6th piston...

And yeah i know, i usually get atleast 5 hours in the car every day or more if im off work and yeah my arms are gettin tired might need some arm floaties! :giggle:
                        1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                        1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

Well had a pretty shitty week back in town (cary) for the 4th, got jumped, and got my 3rd speeding ticket... i didnt know they gave tickets to prius's

But anyways, all the rest of my parts come in tomorrow, and i finally got some new rings thanks to BAV AUTO! so everything is bolted down :D

Buttttttt i forgot my buddy broke one of my injectors, so if anyoneee has a spare 325is injector lying around collecting dust, ill pay postage!!
                          1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                          1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

I've got 6 of them I'll sell cheap! But I gotta charge a little as a set though, see my f/s thread for pics they might need a cleaning

My Transaction Feedback
                            My "build" thread
                            BUY MY CAR!!

Comment

Well still waiting on my stage 2 clutch that i accidentally shipped to my old house 4 hours away lol....

But ive made very good progress lately

Got my flywheel resurfaced

got the engine bay ready with new gas lines, hooked up the fluid reservoirs, brake booster, ect...

threw the subframe back in with rebuilt steering rack, new tie rod assemblys, new ball joints (not in yet i need a press) and threw the suspension back in with new calipers/rotors/pads/lines :D gonna stop on a dime!

I put the new swaybar links and bushings in as well seems alot nicer, wont know how it feels till it drives..... ever..

Also am picking up a set of 16x8 basket weaves for super cheap and gonna redrill them using a drill press lol, it will be fine though, i put all blame on myself when something goes wrong

NOW FOR PICS!!

Still have to finish fuse box area im dreading it...

Sorry pics arent in order lol
                              1989 325IS 2.8L *SOLD*
                              1988 325IS *DAILY*

Comment

im watching :up::up:
                                sigpic
                                89 325i 4 door - current project
                                88 325 V8;D - next project

my 325 build
                                M20B27i FORSALE maimi fl

Comment

Working...
                                X