Diamantschwarz Mtechnic e30 vert build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamantschwarz Mtechnic e30 vert build

This car isn't mine but I'm the one in charge of overall design and build direction on this project I've had a lot of help from the owner (my brother In law) and a fellow co worker. to get this project this far so fast. Anyways onto to the pictures...

The day the car was bought off a small dealership in CT 1991 Mtechnic Vert auto

And the only time it was driven.

The removal of a single pinstrip sparked a full respray

And what's the point of a full tear down with out a drivetrain swap so in went the 2.7 eta stroker (cams, head work, etc) and 5 spd.

Last edited by somebodynowhere; 07-20-2013, 08:02 AM.

Next was body work.

Did a couple small rust repairs and whatever minor body damage was there fixed, shaved the antennae hole and basically got the car ready for a nice application of highbuild primer.

Then the fun started. Body mods.

Sources a NOS bonrath wiper setup, but it wasn't good enough.

The plug in the new cowl vent was awful looking I didn't even bother taking a photo. A spacer had to be made up to flush the original wiper mount.

Plastic welded the new hole.

Final body work and the finished product.

The bonrath is gonna look sexy on that bronze tinted windshield.

Edit: the deck lip you see in the last picture was a huge piece of crap it can be used but I put a ton on bondo on it :D
    So we found a used one in perfect contrition.
    Last edited by somebodynowhere; 07-18-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Also decided to shave the side markers in the bumper and put drls in the new headlights.

Brand new smoked euro hellas

All four were done

I also got started on the exhaust it's my first time building a complete exhaust.

And the first group of parts were painted this week. Hopefully the chassis follows suit tomorrow.

That's all for now more progress soon!
      Last edited by somebodynowhere; 07-19-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I seem to recall bmw selling a panel without the wiper hole. Anyway, looks like you guys are having fun.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The piece that came with the new wiper set up was plugged but still had to protrude because the wiper mount beneath still wasn't flush even with the wiper arm removed.

Comment

Nice...you built the motor?
            "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
            1991 318is - the cruiser
            1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

OK, I am LOVING where this is going. Subscribed!
              Originally posted by LJ851
              kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
              ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
              #teamross
              Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

The engine was built a couple of years ago by a friend, 1mm over sized valves Schrick 272s and port work (receipts for everything) We bought the set up for a killer deal, and I went through refurbished and painted all the components rebuilt the whole thing new timing belt, new starter, new alternator, full silicon hose set, it runs on the miller war chip and maf with their induction kit. Started right away everything works awesome, the last compression check is spot on so we're happy with that phase of the project for now.

Teaser:

^this car is straight as an arrow.

Comment

Very nice! Sub'd!
                  IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Originally posted by somebodynowhere View Post
                    The piece that came with the new wiper set up was plugged but still had to protrude because the wiper mount beneath still wasn't flush even with the wiper arm removed.

I gotcha now. Man, those pieces look great. Should look sharp!
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

"Diamond Swartz"

You didnt even try, did you?

Nice build.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Schwarz View Post
                        "Diamond Swartz"

You didnt even try, did you?

Nice build.
                        No I didn't haha I knew it was wrong too but I posted this from my cell phone at 1:30 am after working on it all night. So it's all good.

FIXED
                        Last edited by somebodynowhere; 07-20-2013, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by somebodynowhere View Post
                          No I didn't haha I knew it was wrong too but I posted this from my cell phone at 1:30 am after working on it all night. So it's all good.
                          Diamantschwarz. Pretty nonetheless!

Comment

Sub'd to the...The yard in the first pic looks like the dealership on the berlin tpke across from home depot
                            "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
                            1991 318is - the cruiser
                            1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
                              Sub'd to the...The yard in the first pic looks like the dealership on the berlin tpke across from home depot
                              That's because it is. I give you props for figuring that out.
                              Last edited by somebodynowhere; 07-21-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X