Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in Black (now with s50 and bags)

So here we are. A black 1986 BMW 325 e.

This is my third e30 and I finally have my dream color. The first was bahama beige, the second was zino red, and now finally schwarz black.

Here she is the day I got her.

"Mtech" shifter boot, adds at least 10 hp right? :rofl

Anyways, when I bought the car it had a busted up hood because the PO ran into the back of a trailer hitch. That ruined the hood and the radiator and the kidneys.

The mods already done to the car include:

Stainless steel heads (ebay? idk)

High flow cat

Borla muffler

some sort of chip (no idea what kind)

H&R lowering springs with Bilstein shocks

15" K1 Aluminum racing wheels

Pioneer sound system

Electric seats out of a 5 series

Pretty sure that is everything. Anyways, I spent the day cleaning her up. Sprayed some degreaser in the engine bay and by some I mean a lot. Took the pressure washing and sprayed out the bay and undercarriage the best I could. Then I washed the car then buffed then waxed. Here are the results.

I'm still cleaning her up as I type this. I just got really tired and this is my way of taking a break. Next up for cleaning is the interior.

My plans for the car in somewhat of an order are the following.

Clean the exterior- done

Clean interior

Normal e30 maintenance (timing belt, water pump, etc)

Pass inspection.

Replace much needed parts

chrome kidneys
    hood
    all seats
    dash
    turn signals
    headlights

wheels (bbs rs or oz futura still can't decide)

Bags or GC coilovers

s50/52 or m60 swap

That's kind of the plan so far, just a rough draft though.

Now before I get lazy it's time to get back to work, thanks for reading. :cool
    Last edited by dillon7; 07-24-2013, 03:30 PM.
    Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

I like that muffler, have always like the curvy tips like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      I like that muffler, have always like the curvy tips like that.
      Thanks, me too. Looks good and sounds even better. What more can you ask for. :D

Build thread HERE

Comment

Interesting choice of color for the vacuum/reservoir lines.

Looks like a nice find !
        87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by e30Villain View Post
          Interesting choice of color for the vacuum/reservoir lines.

Looks like a nice find !
          ha I hate them, they are being swapped out for black ones first thing tomorrow!

Build thread HERE

Comment

Did a little work last night.

First I installed my clear turn signal lenses and oh so good looking euro grills from abrahams motorsports.

The front in collision from the PO bent the front clip a little bit to where the hood didn't fit correctly so it was time to solve that issue. Grabbed the jeep and some ratchet straps and pulled the clip back forward. I've almost got it to where it needs to be just needs a little more tweaking. I'm about 1/4" too far back but that shall be solved soon.

straps on straps on straps

Got to show the jeep some love. 2006 wrangler LJ 3" lift 35" tires custom roll cage and a bunch of other stuff you guys probably don't care about haha.

Anyways, should have another update tonight so stay tuned!

Build thread HERE

Comment

Damn... I feel like we should be friends. Among other things, I am very jealous of your garage.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
                Damn... I feel like we should be friends. Among other things, I am very jealous of your garage.
                haha sounds good.

To be honest it's not my garage, it's my Dads. I'm just lucky enough to use it

Build thread HERE

Comment

I don't think you guys have enough fishing rods. You live near Norman?
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think you guys have enough fishing rods. You live near Norman?
                    oh there are plenty more rods...and yeah we live right on it.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Nice. I think when I get my e30 back on the road we should meet up at Vinny's one night. I always look for an excuse to go to Vinny's
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice. I think when I get my e30 back on the road we should meet up at Vinny's one night. I always look for an excuse to go to Vinny's
                        They actually changed the name of Vinny's. Hopefully it's the same style food just different name.

That would be fun though. My car isn't even registered yet so I still have to pass inspection and stuff. I know there is a meet on thursday nights at one of the QT's is mooresville.

Build thread HERE

Comment

I don't mind if they change the food. I just hope the waitresses are the same haha. They used to have the prettiest red head I have ever seen working there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did some more work tonight. Not much but it's something.

First I replaced all those hideous green hoses for some black ones.

This one hose was a PITA to get back in :hitler: but eventually got it.

Did you washer fluid delete for weight reduction because racecar

Next up was painting the front window trim. Tape, 2 trash bags, and some paper towels and an hour later I got it painted. Used krylon fusion pro satin. I love this stuff, sticks to anything.

Then I tried to clean up all of the chrome on the car. Used this stuff. Turned out pretty good.

That's all for now.

Sorry for not having any real mods to do yet. I have to get here cleaned up before that.

Build thread HERE

Comment

Looking good Dillon. Will have to get together for some pictures when I'm down by the lake at my parents. And Clay, Vinnies turned to shit and lost their liquor license and a bunch of other stuff. Someone is saving it tho. It will be another seafood place called Eddies. I hope the waitresses are just as good looking as well hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X