Helltimes cheap 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helltimes cheap 325i

So I have been asking various questions around the forums here lately (after being gone for alittle over a year). I picked up another e30, this time it is a 325I with no rust instead of a 325e with.
    I went out to talk to a friend about his e39 m5 and ask if he was going to auto-x this year, we start BSing about cars and such and I happened to let it slip I would like to find another e30, just so happened he had one that had been sitting in his drive for 2 years un touched, when the roommate moved out, he left the broken e30 there, so he got in touch with him and I looked at the car, and ended up buying it

When I first brought it home, the car was not running, ran when parked 2 years ago, but battery was dead now and I guess alt was dieing when parked. So I replaced the alt and Battery the day after.

She fired right up without missing a beat. I was pretty excited, but also nervous to let it run considering it had been parked for 2 yrs, previous owner drove it for 2 or 3 yrs not knowing when the timing belt was last replaced, So I ordered a timing belt, tensioner and water pump and replace them myself (very first time doing a timing belt, one of the few things I always had someone else do) and it wasn't all that bad.
    Another issue was the passenger side control arm, the ball joint had actually popped through the bottom of the control arm, but the car came with a whole new control arm assembly, so I replaced that a couple days later.

While replacing the control arm I also discovered this

I knew it was low, but wasn't sure what they had used, it was a relief when I saw it was a H&R bilstein combo.
    While I was replacing the control arm I noticed my passenger side front brake caliper was seized and the line was in bad shape, I replaced both of those (currently have the other 3 brake lines on order, replacing them sunday or Monday).

Yesterday I ordered some bridgestone Potenza RE-11a tire for it, they showed up today and they should be installed tomorrow along with getting an alignment! I can't wait to drive this car with the new tires!!

I know it needs work, but so far it feels good to be back in an e30. oh and it also has LSD :)
    1990 325i 5spd
    09 135i 6spd m-sport package

Saw your previous post. Now that I see more of the car, Id say you got a good deal. Thats a nice car. A bit of elbow grease and you'd be set.

Comment

Sorry if I missed it but what did you spend for it?
      1991 318i Sedan

Comment

Good find my friend!

Sent from my GS4 Active
        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Looks good! Nice work so far, as well.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

I paid $1,000 for it, I know in some parts of the country that's not such a great deal, just average, but here, good luck finding one rust free. Last rust free e30 I found was an 85 325e that needed mechanical work but ran, he sold it for $4500 about 20 minutes after I looked at it. I am really hoping to make this into everything my first e30 was not Ha. Already love this car.
            1990 325i 5spd

Comment

1000$ for any e30 is a steal really, especially rust free. Now that I have a job I'm going to jump on the first rust free one I see.
              1991 318i Sedan

Comment

Nice deal and nice start. Way to save one.
                S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Nice car and great deal!

Comment

Car is now aligned and new tires installed, drives like a dream! Next project is the brakes, after that I feel the car will be well enough to start in on the exterior and interior a bit.
                    1990 325i 5spd

Comment

I had to replace the clutch slave cylinder today as it started leaking. I am currently trying to figure out why my blower fan has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. When it does work all 4 speeds work, when it doesn't I have nothing, when I turn the switch if I look closely at the lit up A/c button I can see it dim ever so slightly, so I am guessing the switch is fine, I am kind of thinking it is a bad ground somewhere or a corroded connection. I plan to pull the cover off tomorrow and see whats going on inside.
                      1990 325i 5spd

Comment

Working...
                      X