Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build.Break.Destroy - Because Drift Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNorthBest View Post
    Lincoln Electric Weld Pac 100. Nice little starter one. My brother's friend has a massive garage, plasma torch, MIG and TIG all readily available for my usage.

Planning on cutting out my rusty as fack floor boards and welding in some new aluminum and sealing. As well as my trunk.. Might just run rear bash bar and fuel tank in the rear since I have so much rust in those areas.

If you ever want / need a hand, I'm only like 35 mins away, and work in Fife on the week days!
    Nice, are you running it with gas or just flux right now? Hopefully after taxes I can get myself a few tanks..

+1 on the bash bar and fuel cell, I was planning on doing the same, I have the material for the basis of the front end still have to get the 'brush guard' material to fab it up....

but all of that is halted due to no tube bender! lol so that just one more thing to buy...

haha so many unexpected setbacks have come to my project . but at least I got tools iv always wanted.

Dude Ill P you my number, Ill be out of town for awhile after this week, but ill hit you up when i get back!
    Last edited by CrisMac; 12-31-2013, 11:56 AM.
    DESTROY GARAGE
    S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

One 125cf tank is more than enough and small enough to still get in a trunk of an e30. I have one for the TIG and one for the MIG (100% argon for TIG 75/25 MIG) and they last a while. Don't bother renting, tanks are $200-ish full and just exchange them for full ones when needed ($43 for refill here for the 25/75). You get roughly 10hrs of straight of welding with the regulator around 11 to 15cf/hr.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        One 125cf tank is more than enough and small enough to still get in a trunk of an e30. I have one for the TIG and one for the MIG (100% argon for TIG 75/25 MIG) and they last a while. Don't bother renting, tanks are $200-ish full and just exchange them for full ones when needed ($43 for refill here for the 25/75). You get roughly 10hrs of straight of welding with the regulator around 11 to 15cf/hr.
        Oh nice, All of the tanks I have seen on craigslist look as if they are 5 feet tall haha.

I will also need to find out who can fill my tank around my area.
        DESTROY GARAGE
        S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

Just Google "welding supply" and your city. They are everywhere.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Thanks, I guess I never thought of that haha
            DESTROY GARAGE
            S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

Airgas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                Airgas.

Ill check them out.

Alright guys I will be out of town until february 6, so no updates until I get back....but I will have tax money hopefully by the next update with some goodies to share.:pimp:

Happy new years you filthy animals!
                DESTROY GARAGE
                S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

Airgas is the place...and mate no need for a tubing bender, two different ways I've bent tube over the years is use a weightlifting plate as the die and just use different leverage points to bend it around the plate..

or the other way which is my personal favorite.. tack weld bolts to your welding table in whatever bend you desire. tack the tube to one end of your bend and just gently heat up the tube with an oxy-acetylene torch and bend it around the tacked bolts. let it cool on its own. i.e. dnt dip it in water after heating the tube it weakens the metal.
                  Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
                  (looks much smaller in the picture because of the angle).

Comment

Cage tubing needs to be cold bent, or it will anneal. Don't play games with something that is there to save your life. The whole point of the required DOM tubing is that it is cold Drawn Over Mandrel.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Originally posted by CrisMac View Post
                      Ill check them out.

Alright guys I will be out of town until february 6, so no updates until I get back....but I will have tax money hopefully by the next update with some goodies to share.:pimp:

Happy new years you filthy animals!
                      Any new updates?

Comment

No updates? I love the Slayer banner in the garage... \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Q10 View Post
                          No updates? I love the Slayer banner in the garage... \m/

Thanks man, Grew up listening to Maiden, Slayer, Rush etc..

Sadly, this is the latest update :/

I feel there are cooler pictures in that thread than my Build thread lol.
                          DESTROY GARAGE
                          S T R E E T S T Y L E

@CRISMACSTUDIO

FREE SHELL, COME GET IT!

Comment

sub'd!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X