No announcement yet.

Kamotors 318is m20 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stage 3+ seems to be more expensive however I do plan on doing rods and pistons in the future so mine as well do a stronger clutch now but yeah you should turbo your e30 @mbonanni.. soon as I saw my buddies I jad too do it. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

So kamotors got a bit of work done today. He fixed the rust that was in the trunk.

Before:

After:

Itll probably need some sheet metal added but for now its good. one less thing to worry about

and a picture of it waiting for the motor

Waiting on a few parts to arrive then the motor is ready to drop in. hopefully have it up and running this weekend :mrgreen:

Comment

Good stuff.
        I think the log manifold is going to hold you back a bit :x
        At least it will never crack :p

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          Good stuff.
          I think the log manifold is going to hold you back a bit :x
          At least it will never crack :p
          Its well worth it tho. and it was a direct fitment unlike the ebay ones where you have to hack em up to fit.

Comment

Just got my turbo ordered. Cant wait to get everything finished

Comment

I wish there was someone in texas who worked on E30's like this.

Comment

Kam got the motor in. Still needs a few things installed before its finished and ready to start

Comment

Turbo arrived today :) Kinugawa td06h. It's slightly bigger than kamotors turbo.

Comment

:up:

Comment

oh herro

Comment

So I picked up some trm c1's from a member on here for a pretty good deal one may need to be replaced but still cheaper than buying new. Need to get some tires ordered for those. I'm also going up to reno next weekend to help get the turbo installed and will hopefully have it up and running. Still need to order a few parts like a wideband, boost controller, boost gauge and whatever little parts I come across. :)

Comment

Not much of an update with the car. I went up to reno this weekend to try and get stuff done and ran into a couple issues.

The manifold pushed the turbo up farther than the ebay ones which the cold side of the turbo hits the spark plug wires and distributor cap. So it looks like Im going wasted spark to try to keep the wires from burning.

On the plus side we got it running and the clutch bled and drove it down the street a few times. Rides super smooth and comfortable.

Comment

Comment

Got my wheels today. Was expecting a bit more damage on the one that sludge hit a wall with. but it only has minor scratches that aren't noticeable

Comment

sweet:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X