Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenn-b View Post
    any updates guys?
    Hi Glenn, Jake has been busy moving into his new space in the last week so things have been slow. But he tells me he will be up and running Monday so things should be progressing soon. Hes got a huge new space that is really cool. Hopefully he will post up some pics. In the mean time Ive been spending money collecting parts. Waganstyle is building a 210mm diff with e39M5 LSD and E46M3 R&P. Superduperbobbycooper provided a new GC coilover set up and Andrew at Ireland hooked us up with brake hats to make it all work. We THINK the stock DME is going to work but we are waiting on the guy we have doing that to confirm but he said it looks promising... I need to convince Jake to let me fly out again soon.
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

is the oil level sensor important to the DME? it has some importance on the S54, but it basically just runs the temp gauge. I don't know if it's more integrated into MSS65. is jake going to move that over or were you planning on deleting it?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Somehow missed this, Looking good!

Comment

Planning on removing the oil level sensor. I'm not sure how important it is for the s85. But I would think if it is we could trick it to think it's full all the time with a resistor.
          www.classicdaily.net
          1970 m42 swapped 2002
          1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
          https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

no, it's not that kind of sensor. :)

I'll look it up, but most likely it's only used for the oil temp/level gauges.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm not sure if / how important it is to the ecu jake, but.....
              there isn't a dipstick for the oil level on the s85.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn-b View Post
                I'm not sure if / how important it is to the ecu jake, but.....
                there isn't a dipstick for the oil level on the s85.
                I plan to add one
                www.classicdaily.net
                1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                  I plan to add one
                  that's a good idea jake.
                  there's something reassuring about seeing the level on a dipstick.
                  there's a lot of talk on m5 forums about v10 owners not fully understanding how much oil to put in....according to the instrument cluster.

I've got one of these on order...
                  This website is for sale! awron-shop.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, awron-shop.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

A bit of a slow down with all my projects while I was moving to my new shop. Things are finally moving ahead again so it's time I update some build threads...

First of all the shell was moved from my home shop to a much bigger space. Let me tell you moving this car was nothing sort of scary. I am sure it was well more secure and nothing was going to happen.

Some pics of it's trip.

made it....

Back on a lift..

Working on the toe and camber adjusters on the rear subframe.

I didn't like how much was unsupported so I extended it some.

Freshly powdercoated bits

reinforcing trailing arms

A couple pictures of what has been holding things up...
                    New shop

and a new toy...
                    Last edited by jakeb; 03-28-2014, 06:36 PM.
                    www.classicdaily.net
                    1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

What do you think of those new IE adjusters? My eccentrics are maxed out for toe correction, I was thinking of doing the IE adjusters on a spare subframe and swapping them around.

Have you seen Jake on S14.net's trouble with the trailing arm enforcements? The fuel hose bumps into the right one, and the exhaust bumps into the drivers side one. He had to reweld them with the right one on the lower side of the seam, and the drivers on the upper side of the seam. Everything fit nicely on the bench, but didn't notice the interference until installing them on his car.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        What do you think of those new IE adjusters? My eccentrics are maxed out for toe correction, I was thinking of doing the IE adjusters on a spare subframe and swapping them around.

Have you seen Jake on S14.net's trouble with the trailing arm enforcements? The fuel hose bumps into the right one, and the exhaust bumps into the drivers side one. He had to reweld them with the right one on the lower side of the seam, and the drivers on the upper side of the seam. Everything fit nicely on the bench, but didn't notice the interference until installing them on his car.
                        We used the new IE adjusters on Blunts e12 too. I think the alignment has stayed put...

no I did not see that... I saw another person that did them like I did and they said there was no interference with the fuel hose. I guess we will find out when we put it up in there.
                        www.classicdaily.net
                        1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

I heard the IE adjusters moved around...I am also maxed out on the e30tech weld in toe/camber kit.

Great build, Jake!

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                          no I did not see that... I saw another person that did them like I did and they said there was no interference with the fuel hose. I guess we will find out when we put it up in there.
                          I believe I am that "other person" ;) I have not had a single issue rubbing my fuel hose, I am also running 4" GC springs to get even lower, you will be just fine!
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

My e12 posi locks have stayed put for 12k hard miles.... I tore the rear diff mount out of the car but they stayed in place.. . I had a set of eccentrics on my s52 track car and they constantly came loose. finally aligned it and tack welded them. These have been great.. Eric When you say fuel hose interference you mean the fill hose right?
                            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

This was what I was going to post, and yes, iirc, it was the filler hose to the tank.
                              Originally posted by codyep3
                              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                              2010 F650gs twin
                              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                                My e12 posi locks have stayed put for 12k hard miles.... I tore the rear diff mount out of the car but they stayed in place.. . I had a set of eccentrics on my s52 track car and they constantly came loose. finally aligned it and tack welded them. These have been great.. Eric When you say fuel hose interference you mean the fill hose right?

That's it, I'm sold!

Yes, the filler hose is what I was referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X