No announcement yet.

1971 BMW 1600 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This build keeps getting better! Do you know what those gold wheels second from the top in the picture came off of?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-hifi View Post
      This build keeps getting better! Do you know what those gold wheels second from the top in the picture came off of?
      Likely a 2002 or Opel.

Those are period correct Gotti wheels with 2002 offset. Cool wheels for sure, just not for me. The blue car will be a simple one; nothing over the top.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

I love the coco mats and the wheels you picked out. I recommend getting those parts powder coated. Getting them pulled out is a bit of work, so you might as well have it done right the first time. Anyways thats my .02 for what ever its worth.
        Working with Andrew is always so easy. What a guy :giggle: lol
        But for real.

Great 02! Keep it up
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

If I ever pursue another project/restoration in the future, I would definitely pay the money to have the steam clean service done, that looks amazing. I get so fucking dirty every time I get under the '02. Nice progress, now send me some seeds of these money trees that you're growing

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
            If I ever pursue another project/restoration in the future, I would definitely pay the money to have the steam clean service done, that looks amazing. I get so fucking dirty every time I get under the '02. Nice progress, now send me some seeds of these money trees that you're growing

The steam clean was awesome! I smile just thinking about how clean the dirtiest part of that car is now.

Money tree? Hard work and hustling!
            sigpic

Comment

Subscribed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                Money tree? Hard work and hustling!
                That's what I like to hear :up:

Comment

Did some stuff today.

Decided to remove the windshield in favor of a new and supple rubber gasket. The current gasket has become plastic and is proving to be quite a nightmare to remove. Oh, and thank you PO. I'd be surprised if he could get another cc of silicon under the old gasket.

Pictures:

Inside shot, low light, flash:

This stuff sucks. I'm going to try a heat gun and adhesive remover of sorts. That, or gasoline. I want this stuff gone without destroying the already destroyed paint.

Switched gears because I was getting angry. I sat inside the car to think for a second.

Then I impulse drove out to Top End Performance in Hollywood, Ca to pick up a few things.

And this box. This stupidly expensive box.

I'm still waiting on the motor to arrive (!) so I'll just have to wait to install all of this stuff.

While writing an invoice for a customer, the UPS man showed up with two packages. Much excite.

They will be mounted on these probably tomorrow:

My buddy in Sacramento sent me a text of these. They look pretty good from here. These wheels are a "budget build". When I purchased them, I liked them a lot and had big plans for them and the ol 02, now I'm not so sure I want to run them. Don't even know if I want to slap lips on them. I could be swayed to sell them I suppose.

I did the math on what I have in this car (unassembled and uninstalled) and it just hit the 5 digit mark. I'm about 2/3rds of where I want it to be. Still excited!
                  sigpic

Comment

Bad windshield gaskets are fuckin' fatal. It caused a LOT of rust on my Peugeot before Oliver did the body and painted the car.

The rear gasket on my Peugeot was improperly fitted/shot so that car is sitting underneath a weatherproof cover till it gets replaced this summer.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

please oh please finish the bbs's and put them on
                      Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Those RM faces look pretty prime. Throw some subtle lips on 'em and call it a day. They would accent the faded blue pretty nicely in my opinion.

Comment

Can't wait to see it with the wheels mounted. It just keeps getting better and better
                          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Woke up late, then drove to Long Beach. Made the executive decision that because it's Friday, work is not in the cards for me.

So I bribed the mexican tire shop down the street to lube up my tires and slip them on the rim. It was a tight fit, but they got it in. Crafty Mexicans. I gave them each the tip.

Final Product. I likely won't mount them until I square away new coil over suspension with CaTuned.

I think I'll chip away at the front windshield gasket for a while.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fuck this build thread.

OH DONT MIND MY S14 IN THE BACKGROUND. Hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                                Fuck this build thread.

OH DONT MIND MY S14 IN THE BACKGROUND. Hate you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X